Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been trying to find information about swapping my crappy single sided exhaust for a dual sided system on my 2017 B9 3.0 TDI A5.
It seems Audi made it single sided to house the adblue tank?
Has anyone got dual exhausts on theirs? Can it be done?

I keep hitting a dead end so any help greatly appreciated.

I dont want a loud silly boy exhaust though just want the look. A slight increase in noise wouldn't be a bad thing though I suppose....

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

I have the exact same car and removed adblue tank / delete along with gutted dpf / delete.
I have backbox delete with dual exhaust with straight pipe fitted however this has not made much different to sound.. which I’m quite surprised as the previous b8 models you can hear the grunt of the v6 engine.
I have searched for videos on YouTube and other platforms to see if anyone else has done this conversion. Only to find exhaust modifications for the b8 model and not b9.
The dual twin exhaust looks good however no sound whatsoever from the v6 engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

I have the exact same car and removed adblue tank / delete along with gutted dpf / delete.
I have backbox delete with dual exhaust with straight pipe fitted however this has not made much different to sound.. which I’m quite surprised as the previous b8 models you can hear the grunt of the v6 engine.
I have searched for videos on YouTube and other platforms to see if anyone else has done this conversion. Only to find exhaust modifications for the b8 model and not b9.
The dual twin exhaust looks good however no sound whatsoever from the v6 engine.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, Not too worried about the additional sound more the look. When you did the ad-blue tank delete did it throw up any errors etc? Did you need to modify the ECU in anyway?

I have ODB Eleven and have tweaked a few things already so could probably find a solution for this if available.

I also have the ITG filter but when I run it on long journeys on motorway it throws up the engine light with a fault on air flow. I keep resetting it with ODB eleven but ended up changing it back to standard because it was annoying. Do you get this at all?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi buddy,

When I removed the adblue tank I also did Adblue delete the ECU so no error codes would pop up. This cost me £500 this included adblue tank removal / delete.. dpf removal / delete and also I remapped the car.

It does look a lot better then single outlet, Audi should of left the dual exhaust on the 3.0 tdi for the new models like the previous.

tbh I wanted to also get a grunt of the v6 engine as the previous models sound very good for a diesel car.
However it’s not any different then stock. Trying to find someone who can assist me on this but no luck so far!

Heres a picture of the backend I changed diffuser and dual exhaust back box delete straight pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok that’s not bad at all. Car looks great, has the remapping made much of a difference?

I’ve added the RS style grill and black badges etc, lowered it on Eibach Pro Springs and fitted wheel spacers to make it a bit wider. 15mm rear and 12mm front. It rubbed out on the 20mm spacers at the rear.

Where did you get the work carried out for the delete?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah the cars a lot more responsive mine is the 218 bhp so it had made a difference but smooth power delivery as these cars are comfort. Ive also added the RS style grill and lowered with 30mm eibach pro springs I was looking for some spacers but didnt want it to rub against the arch as its sat low but just right.

looks good that sat just right do you have any other pics?

Also did spacers effect the ride quality? Any judder?

the work was carried out by good friend of mine in West Yorkshire.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the cars a lot more responsive mine is the 218 bhp so it had made a difference but smooth power delivery as these cars are comfort. Ive also added the RS style grill and lowered with 30mm eibach pro springs I was looking for some spacers but didnt want it to rub against the arch as its sat low but just right.

looks good that sat just right do you have any other pics?

Also did spacers effect the ride quality? Any judder?

the work was carried out by good friend of mine in West Yorkshire.
The spacers seem fine I haven’t noticed any judder or anything, need to get longer bolts and longer locking Bolts too though. I bought the eibach spacers in black so you don’t really see them.

I added the little lip spoiler too, An Audi part but they don’t show it when you ask for the coupe but the sport back one fits the same so I ordered that and had it fitted.

I painted the callipers and added the Quattro stickers to them too.

the last pic I took just now to show how the wheels sit in the arches with spacers.

Are you Running 20’s?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah that looks a lot better just in line with the rear arch. What website did you order spacers off as I’m interested in getting some.

yeah I’m running 20s and going to paint callipers yellow something different other then red. wbu? 19s?

dual exhaust would finish the car off but still looks great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that looks a lot better just in line with the rear arch. What website did you order spacers off as I’m interested in getting some.

yeah I’m running 20s and going to paint callipers yellow something different other then red. wbu? 19s?

dual exhaust would finish the car off but still looks great.
Yeah mine are 19’s that came with the car. I thought yours looked like they filled the arches better. Good to know it doesn’t rub on 20’s been interested to know if they do once you add spacers.Like I said I’m on 15mm rear and 12mm front.
You can order them direct from Eibach, I got the bolts from eBay.

M14 x 1.5 17mm hex 40mm thread are the bolts needed.

oh I also have the dynamic wing mirror indicators so they match the rears. They’re smoked colour and go well with the black paint and work well, although you can’t really see them flashing on the little square from inside the car unless it’s dark.

Might have to look into 20’s now 🙄

1 - 9 of 9 Posts