Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the tire caps on my A5 B9 19“ wheels is broken, want to replace it. The part number is 8W0 601 170.

Surprisingly, can't find it on ebay or online shops, but there seem to be a lot of visually similar caps. Any recommendations for a replacement part that will work?

I'm quite puzzled by my caps having "ABS" stamped on them, are there a "non-ABS" caps that I should avoid?

Thanks

· Registered
Audi S5 sportback
340 Posts
Reactions: alexk0il

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's just what it is made from. ABS is a type of plastic Everything You Need to Know About ABS Plastic (creativemechanisms.com) That's just what it is made from.

Can't find on ebay? 8W0 601 170 for sale | eBay

apparently they are 61 mm audi 61 mm cap for sale | eBay
Thanks. Good to know that cap ABS has nothing to do with the brakes ABS.

Looks like ebay supply comes and goes, there are definitely a few grey ones there this week. They seem to be unnecessary expensive though fir a cheap piece of plastic.

Are you saying that all Audi 61mm caps compatible? Your last link shows plenty of reasonably priced options. In particular, are 8W0 and 4M0 caps compatible?

· Registered
186 Posts
Any of the 61 mm caps will work. Despite many having the Audi logo and part number on the back, they are knockoffs made in china. I have purchased a couple knocksoff for my 2014 Rotor wheels. The China caps are EXACTLY the same as my OEM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts