Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just fitted a pair of power folding mirrors to my A5 cabriolet, following this guide:-

...along with guidance from various other threads on t'interweb.

Followed the advice I have coded the three changes and they operate as expected closing when you lock the car, and opening when you start the ignition.

With the parts I have purchased, the manual function from the switch does not appear to work? The switch adjusts the mirror alignment, so that part is working, but the folding function does not?

I purchased a really keenly priced leather door pocket with all the electrical switches already in place. This is from a cabriolet. The switch in the guide is a 8K0959565C but the switch I have is an 8K0959565E. The part that I purchased is pictured below:-

Could it be that there is additional wiring needed between the switch and the door module?

Anyone experienced a similar issue can help?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's amazing what you can find out by reading the manual for your car. I thought that you operated that button by pulling it back, but it operates by twisting the knob all the way round to the power fold image.

Easy when you know how. Hope this is of help to others.

Cheers, Lee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.