Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just wanted to know if anybody has experienced the same issue regarding erratic throttle response.

The car has be decatted and middle resonators removed. However the car some morning feels very responsive on the throttle as to it being 20% throttle and it is quite nippy and feels normal. Till later on in the day or some days its just lagging and sounds like its quite draggy in 1st gear (cvt) and consumes alot of fuel. Keep in mind I'm driving in 'D'.

I'm soon going to have the exhaust fully redone 3" dp straight through to the back with 1 muffler box and have a tune done. But for now i would like a possible solution. The car is quite heavy on fuel aswell. Feels like a limp mode. However obd11 show no problem regarding engine control module. The turbo also sounds under load in these situations like it spools up and dumps(wooshes) when it's so laggy.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Hiya. I dont know BUT I suggest that you get to the bottom of this strange problem BEFORE you fit the new system as otherwise you risk making things even worse to resolve. And a Ross Tech system is gonna give you more info that the OBD2 I guess......

·
Registered
363 Posts
Get a VCDS if you really want to really diagnose the problem and solve it. There could be a 100 things that cause your symptom. Overheating transmission clutch, bad transmission valve body, bad MAF, bad coil, vacuum leak, bad connection, bad wiring, bad fuses, bad computer, bad ground, etc., etc. Many item do not fail in a binary way (good/no good), so you need VCDS to monitor the data generated by the various sensors to determine true cause.

If you want to try throwing parts, then start by cleaning/replacing the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip guys. I have cleaned a few sensors and it did seem the MAF sensor was abit dirty. Car definitly pulls alot smoother after cleaning the sensors. I am however going have the var road tuned for a custom map and a VCDS diagnostic before that.

For now my problems are solved.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Noooooooo VCDS before and tuning mate or you will never have a "base" point.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips guys, had it sorted out. Was sorted along out with the tune. All the vcds tuning got sorted with the exhaust. Car is now driving like a dream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts