Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a call from my dealer and my A5 is here!!!!! But, I'm not picking it up till the 29th though :(

I got him to throw in tinting, wonder if I can convince him to throw in Audi care as well!?!?

Does anyone have pictures of the A5 with tinted windows?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Please hold for TX ;) Yes, there is a tinting thread in the photos forum.

That's great - congrats! Why the long delay before you grab it?? So, it shipped on 1/28 and arrived...in port or at your dealer (which??)... on 2/14 (or perhaps 2/13 per your order status sheet)? That's pretty damn impressive and makes me hope that my 2/4 ship load gets here as quickly!

I'm going to try for Audi Care but they already gave me 3% over invoice and know I want my car badly! Not much leverage there :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
CARE WITH THE TINTING... 3 forum members have had problems with the B&O being damaged/ruined in the tinting process. See the tinting threads.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I was curious about your status, TX, since it appeared that you may be on the same boat. If his is at the dealer, maybe you came into the same port in Jersey...or somewhere closer to him but further from you??? But I guess you would at least show actual port arrival if that were the case. So, the other theory is two ships and yours will of course take longer than the east coast route.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
House- I'll be traveling for business so the 29th will be my first free day (and plus, its hard getting around without a car since I sold it and I have to pick it up in NJ). It is in storage at the dealer, I was told that it was suppose to reach U.S. on the 13th, so definitely ahead of schedule since it is already at dealer!

Ian- I didn't get the B&O system, does it still matter?

Also, I CAN'T STOP SMILING!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yes, it matters...there are other electronics in that area from what aerodave showed in Arvin's thread (I'll pop that in here in a moment - here you go).

That really is so cool for you. I can't believe how quickly it went from outbound port to your dealer! Hopefully all of us east coasters (which I pretty much am) will benefit that way.

AND you ordered on January 5 2008 - forgot about that - you are charmed!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the tinting laws for PA??? I tried googling it and I got different information

House- there was an A5 allocated to the dealer which was ordered in November, I bought that and had additional options added to it, so 1/5/2008 is the date the car was sold to me :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I was curious about your status, TX, since it appeared that you may be on the same boat. If his is at the dealer, maybe you came into the same port in Jersey...or somewhere closer to him but further from you??? But I guess you would at least show actual port arrival if that were the case. So, the other theory is two ships and yours will of course take longer than the east coast route.
Nope, mine would be on a different boat than his as mine is supposedly going to a port in Houston. My dealer said there are about 4 or 5 boats per month that ship cars from Germany to the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
House- there was an A5 allocated to the dealer which was ordered in November, I bought that and had additional options added to it, so 1/5/2008 is the date the car was sold to me :)
Yes, I recalled that there was a fortuitous story involved. Just forgot what it was.

Nope, mine would be on a different boat than his as mine is supposedly going to a port in Houston. My dealer said there are about 4 or 5 boats per month that ship cars from Germany to the U.S.
Yes...makes sense TX. Was just spreading a little optimism around for ya!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got mine tinted, and it does look awesome. Can't keep the car clean long enough to take a decent picture. However, trust me...most definitely get the tinting and ensure the person doing it throws a towel over the electronics in the back.

The tinting cost was @ $180...on a side note the clear bra came out really well too! Three weeks later and I too can't stop smiling and saying WoW!!! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arvin- how dark is your tint? I'll be leasing it and having my dealer to throw in the tint for free. By any chance, you don't know the tint law for PA? I can't find a legit site

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can't contain my excitement!!!

Got a call from my dealer today and was informed that my car is at the port! It actually arrived there yesterday, even though the original ETA was 2/19. house, FYI ... (cuz I know you like to know these dates ;)) the "port to port" time period was 1/28 to 2/14.

Current status is that the car has been released from Staging, which essentially means they're now just waiting on a truck to ship it to the dealership. So, I actually might have the car in my hands tomorrow or Monday!

OK, I'm going to go do a few cartwheels and somersaults now. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a call from my dealer today and was informed that my car is at the port! It actually arrived there yesterday, even though the original ETA was 2/19. house, FYI ... (cuz I know you like to know these dates ;)) the "port to port" time period was 1/28 to 2/14.

Current status is that the car has been released from Staging, which essentially means they're now just waiting on a truck to ship it to the dealership. So, I actually might have the car in my hands tomorrow or Monday!

OK, I'm going to go do a few cartwheels and somersaults now. :D
Haha, CONGRATS TX!!!!!!! I know how you are feeling.... It has only been a day and I still can't stop smiling!!!! I can't wait to pick it up!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Fan-friggin-tastic, TX!! Yes, indeed..thanks for the dates. That would put mine in port (all things being equal..and who knows) next Wed.

So, wow...are you in Houston? How could you get it by tomorrow or Monday? Need we even ask you for pics?:p

Oh, and remind us of the specs for your order...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm in Big D, which is only about a 4 hour drive from Houston. So, that's why I'll be able to get it so soon. Plus, I'm not having them detail it. Yes, of course pics will be forthcoming. But, I'm going to wait until Joshvette works his magic on my baby next Saturday. Specs: A5 3.2 Tip, BB/Cinnamon, Premium and Tech packages, Nav, B&O, Milano leather, and 19" Y-design wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Very cool, TX. Great idea to have Josh touch it first. I am more than likely doing the same thing regarding detailing. We'll have to form a sub-club for black A5 owners ;) I am not fully looking forward to the issues that come with it! Let us know if you end up actually getting it today!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The long 5-month wait is finally over!!!

Got my A5 today. Yippee! :D

I'm too tired at the moment to type much. But, just as other folks in this forum have said after taking delivery of their A5/S5's, I can say that the car definitely has met my expectations. I don't think it has sunk in yet that I actually own this car and that it is sitting in my garage right now! :) After waiting for 5 months to get the car, it's a bit surreal at the moment. As mentioned above, I'll take pics this weekend after it's been detailed. And by that point, I'm sure I'll have comments about the car to share. Oh BTW, the adaptive lights are the coolest thing ever!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I cant wait to see it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts