Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of alarm/security does the A5 have?

I am collecting mine in November and 1 thing I forgot to ask was about the alarm on the car.

I currently have a VW Touareg. I cannot disable the alarm sensors - the only way to do it is to leave the car unlocked, but after a few minutes the car automatically locks, thus setting the alarm sensors.

The reason I ask this is that there have been a number of occasions where I have my dog with me. She is a great dog and will sit and travel happily in the car with me. But there have been times where I have had to quickly go into the bank or shop for 5 minutes and its been easier/quicker to leave her in the car.

If I lock the car and she moves whilst inside, the alarm goes off. If I leave the car unlocked a) its a security risk and b) the car auto locks after about 2 minutes thus resulting in the alarm going off.

Does the A5 (I've order the 3.0TDI Sport) have alarm sensors? If so can these be deactivated? (nobody ever attends to a car with an alarm sounding these days)

Any suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mallory

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
yeah on the drivers door just press the required buttons, for the car being towed or moved or if you want to lock the car but you have anything that can move in the which might set off the alarm.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes, there are two switches on the drivers door above the lock inside where it closes. As said above, one sets the car for towing, the other turns off the alarm.

If you go to the Audi website and go to the Audi channel, there is a great 26 minute video showing you round the car. I've watched it over and over again (sad git). Those switches are mentioned on that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey cheers for that - I have just watched the audi channel video.

I learnt more about the functions of the car in that short video than I did in the whole time collectively I spent in the audi showroom!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts