Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

newbie on this site - wish I’d found it before buying my A5.
I bought a Vorsprung 45 coupe (71 plate) recently and I was wondering if anyone has come across the following:

1. Puddle lights - I can see these are fitted but they are not lighting up when I open doors - MMI lights setting is on. Any advice?
2. Is there a way to retrofit an electric closing mechanism to the boot lid? Clearly it opens electrically but wondering if you can have fitted the function to close?
3. My car doesn’t have the hooks for shopping in the boot that I’ve seen other A5s have - wondering if this is due to some other fitting of technology?
4. what’s with Audi not fitting heated steering wheels - is this normal, even in Vorsprung?

help/advice with any/all above would be much welcomed. Thanks

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
968 Posts
Hi welcome to the forums, pics of your car would be good!👍

1. The puddle lights are located on your door handle, when going to MMI settings there js exterior light options but the puddle lights should always light up regardless and you can't control them.via MMI.

2.electric closing mech is only available on the Avant models, and it can be fitted to A6 above but not lower.

3.go onto ebay, do NOT but the ones with the screws only as the audi 2017 modules slides into place search for this part number: 8W0867615

4.heated steering is an optional addition only. It can be retrofitted to your model but you'll need a new airbag squib with the additional heating cable and also the steering wheel with the heating element installed and also coding it to the car/steering wheel button. That alone is quite expensive just to heat the steering wheel but it can and has been done.

Hope this all helps,

~Alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi welcome to the forums, pics of your car would be good!👍

1. The puddle lights are located on your door handle, when going to MMI settings there js exterior light options but the puddle lights should always light up regardless and you can't control them.via MMI.

2.electric closing mech is only available on the Avant models, and it can be fitted to A6 above but not lower.

3.go onto ebay, do NOT but the ones with the screws only as the audi 2017 modules slides into place search for this part number: 8W0867615

4.heated steering is an optional addition only. It can be retrofitted to your model but you'll need a new airbag squib with the additional heating cable and also the steering wheel with the heating element installed and also coding it to the car/steering wheel button. That alone is quite expensive just to heat the steering wheel but it can and has been done.

Hope this all helps,

~Alex
Thanks a lot. This is really helpful!

photos of my car attached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts