Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am thinking of buying an Audi A5 3.2. I would love to get a manual, but since there are so many automatics, I want to get Tiptronic. Stronic is better but has more problems and is more expensive to fix. Multitronic is a nightmare if something breaks. How can I tell what transmission does a car have, Multitronic, Stronic or Tiptronic? Also, what gas mileage do you guys get in litres/100km. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Multitronic is FWD only
S-tronic has 7 gears
Tiptronic has 6 gears

·
Sponsor
2,363 Posts
As far as I'm aware the 3.2 is only available in manual or Tiptronic so your decision is kinda made for you on that front.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Apparently the 3.2 only comes in QUATTRO manual, Stronic or Tiptronic.
at some point in time, there has been a 3.2 FSI Multitronic, both Coupé and Cabrio.
so be carefull :)

·
Sponsor
2,363 Posts
at some point in time, there has been a 3.2 FSI Multitronic, both Coupé and Cabrio.
so be carefull :)
Seems like coupe was Tiptronic only. Sportback and cab were STronic only. Though there also exists a non-Quattro multitronic

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Seems like coupe was Tiptronic only. Sportback and cab were STronic only. Though there also exists a non-Quattro multitronic
Coupé and Cabrio before MY2010 were Tiptronic, later they were S-tronic.
Sportback was introduced in MY2010 and therefore is will always be S-tronic.
Multitronic is always FWD.

·
Sponsor
2,363 Posts
Coupé and Cabrio before MY2010 were Tiptronic, later they were S-tronic.
Sportback was introduced in MY2010 and therefore is will always be S-tronic.
Multitronic is always FWD.
Where do you find this kind of information out curiosity? Best I could find is the Wikipedia article

·
Registered
4,428 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Well mine was front wheel drive only and came with the 8 speed slush box so Multitronic. I covered about 90k kms with mine and the gearbox gave zero problems, I just changed the gear oil once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts