Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my car in today for rattles in the doors and rear deck.. There is a campaign to update the 3.2 software...

I'll report back if there's any changes. Do you guys know what this is about?

·
Registered
163 Posts
There are actually 2 software updates for the 3.2L. One has to do with a change/upgrade to the MMI interface and the other was an emissions update if I remember right. Neither change is noticeable to you but instead of making the 2 changes independantly, they simply download a whole new version of the software which is easier for them. Bad news, as Ragazzi says, it wipes out any Vag-Com changes you have made. I have redone 4 Vag-com mods for buddies in Toronto already.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys... I just picked up my car and there was no worksheet or invoice, so I don't know what they did. The tech over the phone did tell me he performed two updates.

No noticeable difference on my 08 3.2, and my vagcom mods are all still active.

I'll get back when I get the invoice/worksheet

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
No noticeable difference on my 08 3.2, and my vagcom mods are all still active.
So no software changes for you then. Your changes are probably mechanical, like replacing a hose or clip.

I had to updates on mine and one of the updates had about 6 items listed to be done under it. Although I didnt see the worksheet close up, the paperwork for it was over an inch deep for the two things.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What Vag-Com do you home users use? Are there others that are as reliable and good as Ross-Tech but less expensive? I'm thinking of getting one for my A4 Avant.
Get the VAG COM HEX+CAN (USB version recommended) cable from Ross-Tech and the latest VCDS software from their site. Other versions (even from Ross-Tech) of the cable will (likely) not work because A5 needs the latest cable type.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What Vag-Com do you home users use? Are there others that are as reliable and good as Ross-Tech but less expensive? I'm thinking of getting one for my A4 Avant.
I don't think there are any that are as good as Ross-Tech's.. You can find cheap interface cables on ebay, but I don't think they allow you to get into any CANBUS or MOST related modules.

I wouldn't settle for less that the Ross-tech. It's only 350$, but worth much more in my opinion. Why not split the cost with other AUDI/VW owners you know that could benefit from it?

In my case, we bought it as a family:

My mom has an A4
my dad has a Jetta
my brother has a GTI
my other brother has a Golf.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.