Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all!
I actually ordered my A5 back in March, but I just found this forum today. It's nice to see that many people like the same car as I do. =) I was told by my salesperson that my A5 will be delivered around December (so it's like a 9 month wait!). -______-""" Anyway, nice to meet you all!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On order:
A5 3.2 quattro
Quartz Gray metallic, Cinnamon Brown Milano leather, 6-speed automatic transmission, Technology Package, Navigation Package, Bang & Olufsen sound system, and Audi side assist.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, nic! Congrats on placing your order. You will absolutely love the car. It will be worth the 9 month wait you've got ahead of you.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I waited 5 months for my A5. I had placed my order back in mid-September before any A5s were available in the US (which didn't happen until February).

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum nic,

Hamper your dealer for a build date and i hope it comes sooner than December for you.

I took delivery just over 3 months from ordering, had my car a nearly 2 weeks now, still getting up extra early for the drive to work :).

Nice choice of Colours :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks robb!
I originally went with Meteor Gray pearl effect, but then I thought Quartz Gray metallic would look better with Cinnamon Brown. :D
I think I will just wait for the full 9 months because my 2006 330i's lease will end on the last day of November. But I can't wait for my A5!!! It just looks so nice!!! :D I envy you, already driving your A5! :p

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the "club!" My A5 is quartz gray (black interior) and I absolutely love the color. I'm sure you will, too. And, like you, I waited about 9 months. Definitely worth the wait!

The car is so much fun to drive. I get such a thrill every time I get into it -- or even look at it in my garage, for that matter!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:confused:
Can you guys give me some comments on whether I should add the Drive Select option or not? I am really interested in this 4 mode (dynamic, comfort, automatic, and individual) drive setting option in the car, but I was wondering if it made a big difference to the car's overall performance. My only hesitation is that the price for this option is not announced in Canada yet.
Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
:confused:
Can you guys give me some comments on whether I should add the Drive Select option or not? I am really interested in this 4 mode (dynamic, comfort, automatic, and individual) drive setting option in the car, but I was wondering if it made a big difference to the car's overall performance. My only hesitation is that the price for this option is not announced in Canada yet.
Thanks!
Welcome Nic! I'd order the Drive Select. The A5 handles really well, but it would be great to have drive select to change/customize at will. As for the pricing, I ordered my A5 long before prices were announced for Canada - once you see/drive the car, you'll forget what you paid anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks robb!
I originally went with Meteor Gray pearl effect, but then I thought Quartz Gray metallic would look better with Cinnamon Brown. :D
I think I will just wait for the full 9 months because my 2006 330i's lease will end on the last day of November. But I can't wait for my A5!!! It just looks so nice!!! :D I envy you, already driving your A5! :p
Welcome! I too ordered the Meteor Gray and changed to Quartz Gray, as I thought it looked amazing. Cinnamon Brown was essential for me from the first time I saw it. The thing is, some in these forums have commented about whether Cinn. Brown will look good with Quartz. I personally think it should look great, but as it is a very unconventional combination, I must admit I have had some lingering doubts. Any thoughts?

Regarding the Drive Select option, I have 3 ride settings on my current Mercedes E320 Sport, and I have never used it. I would only think of getting this if you really think you will end up using it-otherwise, the original ride settings on this vehicle are really superb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome! I too ordered the Meteor Gray and changed to Quartz Gray, as I thought it looked amazing. Cinnamon Brown was essential for me from the first time I saw it. The thing is, some in these forums have commented about whether Cinn. Brown will look good with Quartz. I personally think it should look great, but as it is a very unconventional combination, I must admit I have had some lingering doubts. Any thoughts?

Regarding the Drive Select option, I have 3 ride settings on my current Mercedes E320 Sport, and I have never used it. I would only think of getting this if you really think you will end up using it-otherwise, the original ride settings on this vehicle are really superb.
Hmm... I actually have the Terra leather (similar to Cinnamon Brown, I am assuming) on my 330i currently. However, the exterior is Black Sapphire metallic, and I believe this combination truly looks awesome. Originally I wanted the Phantom Black pearl effect on my A5, but Audi Canada was stupid to not offer it on A5s. Thats why I went with Quartz Gray metallic. With this I am hoping the colour combination I ordered will look spectacular when it arrives in December.

I never knew Mercedes offered Drive Select before, but I really want to add this option. Since it comes with the automatic damping system, I think the car will handle similarly or even better to the A5 S-line which comes with sport suspensions. This is the reason why I want this option, you see I like gimmicks. :D I am still to price-minded so I want to know around how much it costs before I add it to my option list. :p Thanks for your info though! Please post pictures of your car when it arrives in August!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
With regard to your exterior / interior colours this link may help - colour quality pretty poor but you get the general idea (could even be silver and red) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYef3bfCxo&feature=related

I personally like the colour choice you've made and will give a touch of class so enjoy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With regard to your exterior / interior colours this link may help - colour quality pretty poor but you get the general idea (could even be silver and red) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYef3bfCxo&feature=related

I personally like the colour choice you've made and will give a touch of class so enjoy.
Thanks for the video Marmin!!! Now I have an idea on how my car is going to look like when I get it. :D
The only thing is, the A5 in the video has sport seats!!! I really want those without the S-line package. I tried negotiating with my salesperson to special order sports seats for me (willing to pay more), but he said he can't do anything about it. :mad: Stupid Audi Canada, I guess I will have to stick with what I have. :(

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I really want those without the S-line package. I tried negotiating with my salesperson to special order sports seats for me (willing to pay more), but he said he can't do anything about it. :mad: Stupid Audi Canada, I guess I will have to stick with what I have. :(
Yeah, it's the same deal in the States. I would have gladly paid extra for sport seats, but it's not an option here.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Do you think there is anyway that I can order the sport seats? I actually want an exclusive colour too, do you think that's possible? Any ideas? :confused:
I inquired about ordering the sport seats a la carte when I ordered my car last Sept., but was told it wasn't possible on US spec cars. You can order an exclusive color in the States, so I'm assuming you should be able to do that in Canada. Just ask your dealer to confirm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
does the cinnamon brown have that red tinge to it like in the video please tell me it doens't, i have cinnamon brown on order right now but i hate that red tinge in some pictures.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
does the cinnamon brown have that red tinge to it like in the video please tell me it doens't, i have cinnamon brown on order right now but i hate that red tinge in some pictures.
Nope, it doesn't. I think CB is just a tough color to capture accurately in photos.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nope, it doesn't. I think CB is just a tough color to capture accurately in photos.
I will vouch for that comment, I have seen TX's seat in person many times and they are NICE!! Not red or orange in any way. More, well...cinnamon...a very nice brown.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.