Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post so be gentle with me !

I'm about to trade in my year old Q7 S line and was about to order a 3.0 Lt TDI Quattro tiptronic , was advised delivery would be around November for Auto box. Out of interest I called Aberdeen Audi today and was offered July delivery for a S5 tiptronic which really surprised me . I'm now stuck between a rock and a hard place as I don't know which car to choose. On spec'ing the car the difference is only £2000 more for the S5 and if I take July delivery my Q7 trade in value is greater so offsets the difference in price .
Can any owners offer advice on realistic fuel consumption figures for S5 , my Q7 only does 18 Mpg around town so can't be too much of a diffeence from S5 can it ?
Any advice welcomed .

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hi Stitcher, welcome to the club. You should update your profile so we know where you are from (plus you'll get asked to do it a lot until you do...;) ). I am assuming you are in Scotland?

You should also try the search feature before asking some questions as this one (wrt the fuel economy of the S5) has been discussed a few times.
Try this link: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthre...10/index.html?t=2210&highlight=S5+gas+mileage

(BTW...I'd go for the S5...but I am biased :D )

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Consider it done !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the forum stitcher.

I got my S5 (Company C:) ) last week and the mpg is not too bad. On a drive the Leeds - motorway - got 23mpg.

Average urban driving (not rush hour) get about 17 -19mpg.

So your figures are not to far out.

Both are beautiful cars, but the sound of that V8 soundtrack is amazing.

Had a Q7 myself - found it too big for UK roads and parking was a pain.

Which ever you choose you will win.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum stitcher.

I got my S5 (Company C:) ) last week and the mpg is not too bad. On a drive the Leeds - motorway - got 23mpg.

Average urban driving (not rush hour) get about 17 -19mpg.

So your figures are not to far out.

Both are beautiful cars, but the sound of that V8 soundtrack is amazing.

Had a Q7 myself - found it too big for UK roads and parking was a pain.

Which ever you choose you will win.
Thanks Andy, can you confirm if you have the tiptronic box . After reading a few posts on the forum and Audi Uk info it seems the S5 tip has better fuel consumption than manual box !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.