Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wondering if anyone has had a similar issue as me..
Recently got my car remapped a couple of weeks ago and on the drive home from the remap when I go wot in 4th,5th and 6th I get a rumble which seems to be coming from the centre driveline or rear left wheel, feels like when you drive on the white line on side of road.
I didnt notice this pre remap so guessing the extra torque from map is showing weaknesses on car.
To go back to thread title now two weeks post remap I'm getting a wobble only when car is idling also car idles at around 640rpm when it use to sit at 610rpm.
Thought it may have been car trying to regen, been on a few long journeys 2000rpm+ for 30mins to get car to regen but still having the same problem.
Done a scan on vcds no fault codes.
If I hold revs higher than tick over the wobble seems to stop.
Also when idling if I push clutch down the wobble/shudder seems to be less noticeable.
Could this be a DMF issue...

Thanks.

John.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Does sound like the DMF to be honest, but could be something else in the driveline.
The bearing and coupling in the middle of the centre drive shaft can get grumbly.

A remap can reveal 'weakneses' or worn parts in the drive train.

Idle speed should be about 700rpm when warm.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave, hoping it's not DMF but if it is I wonder if any has gone down the route of SMF...
I did think the bearing in the centre drive shaft, think I read up that you may have to replace the whole driveshaft as the bearing can be a pain to remove... I may be wrong.
Oh right ok I'm pretty sure my idle is to sit just above 600rpm.
Do you know how to check idle and adjust via vcds.?
Cheers

John.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar thing, but I've noticed I'm missing a bolt from a gearbox rubber mounting. I just assume it is this. Not rectified the issue as not too worried but I am curious.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh really, think I'll have to get under the car and have a look round, see if theres any play in anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
But to put your mind at rest maybe, week before I bought the 5. It had a clutch, dmf and full gearbox rebuild so i would highly doubt it is anyone of them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts