·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like, must invest now... Argh! :)

Did you notice any increase in power? I have a diesel tuning box and it does work as it adapts to what it's given... (more flow more power I guess).

How did you get Millteks? Did you order it online? If so where? They are 1100 euros here in Sweden, they say it's a 2 week wait.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, engine goes easier to higher rpm.

I have Milltek through official Importer, yes price is something like that.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
So since you are so proud of not having a powerbox, but original chiptuning, might I ask you where you got it from? I assume Sport Motor is your dealer.

I am ordering MTM PowerBox with exhaust that would produce 310BHP and 640NM, I guess that is going to be the last investment to this car.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So since you are so proud of not having a powerbox, but original chiptuning, might I ask you where you got it from? I assume Sport Motor is your dealer.
Yes

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How much faster does the A5 feel with your mods compare to stock?
I have measured acceleration 60-120 km/h on 4. gear, serie 9,3 sec, tuning 7,8 sec, there are average values each from 5 measurements.

I would change speed range next time, because 60 km/h on 4-th gear has few rpm, so 80 - 140 km/h would be better.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
How much did the exhaust setup cost you without the chip?
And also, are they supplying their own chip? Their stats seem to me almost same as the ones from MTM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Timed 60-120 in 4th today and got 8.5sec to 9.5 averaging 9.0 I guess.

I noticed that I could probably save 1 sec off of that time with better throttle response.

So my quesiton would be to you, does the car pull better hence getting the better time (7.8sec) or is it due to better response time getting on the throttle?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
For measuring I use lap timer, when I had pulled throttle down in 50 and have measureed from 60 to 120, I get 7.1 sec, when I have started in 60 it was around 7.8 sec.

Measurement was done with original exhaust yet.

I think you should try it with and without your box, because I think the road, height over see, air pressure, etc., can make slightly different results.

I think the result is, my car is better about 1,5 sec from 60 to 120 on 4-th gear.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can you tell me please is sound of exhaust much louder from inside???

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How lap timer works? Is it possible to set it that it measure how much do you have from 0 to 100km/h?
Only manualy, no such automatic sequence.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i think this exhaust sounds brilliant for a diesel....i want one :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.