Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just want to share with you a video I recorded today.

Starting 3rd gear. 50-200 km/h, 18 seconds. Tuned by V-tech in Sweden. Tell me, is this fast or moderate or slow? Please take in considering it's not a ferrari or porsche, or an S5 ;-) thank you

I can go a little faster I believe..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ItNKtr9qg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well it's faster than my 1.9TDi A3 I have for the moment :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just want to share with you a video I recorded today.

Starting 3rd gear. 50-200 km/h, 19 seconds... isch. Tuned by V-tech in Sweden. Tell me, is this fast or moderate or slow? Please take in considering it's not a ferrari or porsche, or an S5 ;-) thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAZPl6J_Vc

Cheers :cheers: Swedie

Once my5 is run in a bit more (1500 miles at mo), I'll post so it can be compared :bolt:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I went out again because I wasn't happy with the run. It's hard shooting video at the same time as shifting and accelerating...

I did a 18 sec run this time. Gonna post it up on youtube now.

If I can just shift a little better and don't have to deal with the camera I believe I can scrape off another second or so down to 17 sec. For faster I need more tuning done :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went out again because I wasn't happy with the run. It's hard shooting video at the same time as shifting and accelerating...

If I can just shift a little better and don't have to deal with the camera I believe I can scrape off another second or so down to 17 sec. For faster I need more tuning done :D
OK, maybe it's just me, but isn't the above (and encouraging it) simply irresponsible?!

I like a fast drive, but shooting video whilst shifting and accelerating...?!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
OK, maybe it's just me, but isn't the above (and encouraging it) simply irresponsible?!

Oh finally someone showed up. :wall:
It is irresponsible, just like many other things in this world.
However, in comparison to other things, this is a laugh - unless you are making a video on a busy highway. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Only one in danger is myself. No other cars around. I believe I had control. But surely someone else may think otherwise.

·
Registered
871 Posts

I dont know about scraping another second off but drive like that whilst holding a video camera and its likely that you will have to be scraped off the nearest tree :laughinatabove:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know about scraping another second off but drive like that whilst holding a video camera and its likely that you will have to be scraped off the nearest tree :laughinatabove:
Not if you're a pro driver like me :D j/k

btw are you laughing at my death you psycho... =)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh finally someone showed up. :wall:
It is irresponsible, just like many other things in this world.
However, in comparison to other things, this is a laugh - unless you are making a video on a busy highway. ;)
I didn't see the video (still haven't) so didn't realise it was on a private track!
I don't believe the people who generally have to scrape people off the roads or trees or walls find it so funny. Unlike the smilie :wall: real life heads tend not to bounce as well!

If you're going to video yourself driving, get a friend!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can still end up a mess on a private track. It's about the circumstances doing it.

Either way, can we maybe stop this part of the discussion?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are we talking about you avatar Suzy???? :mallet:

Oh God here we go.......

If making a vid try to do it as responsible as possible....

If you never want to be in a car crash..never get in a car !! (It cuts down the odds)

Cheers for the vid's guys..I'll post mine when Suzy's not watching ;)

Kind regards to all and especially you Suzy

Scouse

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are we talking about you avatar Suzy???? :mallet:

Oh God here we go.......

If making a vid try to do it as responsible as possible....

If you never want to be in a car crash..never get in a car !! (It cuts down the odds)

Cheers for the vid's guys..I'll post mine when Suzy's not watching ;)

Kind regards to all and especially you Suzy

Scouse
All I said was get a friend to do it for you! Don't go through life doing it with your own right hand. You might end up going blind or killing yourself or even worse, someone else.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys in England are crazy about safety and security precautions...even worse than Sweden!

You've voiced your opinion, now respect that we can decide on our own to listen to it or not. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
All I said was get a friend to do it for you! Don't go through life doing it with your own right hand. You might end up going blind or killing yourself or even worse, someone else.
lol...what a reply!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards once again Suzy

Scouse

P.S. Where's your avatar gone Suzy??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I didn't see the video (still haven't) so didn't realise it was on a private track!
I don't believe the people who generally have to scrape people off the roads or trees or walls find it so funny. Unlike the smilie :wall: real life heads tend not to bounce as well!

If you're going to video yourself driving, get a friend!
Suzy, I respect your opinion there is no need to discuss it anymore.:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
This will be the last I'll say on this and I'll say it for reasons which will become clear.
I was pretty incensed earlier at some of the responses I got, but I tried to reply with some humour. Glad that one or two found it funny.

For those who didn't and especially the Swedish contingent who thought that England was overly health and safety conscious, I agree it is, but not on this.

Anyone trying to record themselves driving on public roads deserves at the very least to lose their licence so as to keep themselves and more importantly others from harm.

If you disagree with that statement, first qualify yourself to do so. When you've spent 6 months in an A&E department and during that time been first on the scene in an air ambulance to an accident involving some w4nker with amongst other injuries, bits of camcorder stuck in his chest cavity and face, you may have a different opinion. When you then also have to deal with a motorcyclist who's been hit head on (the oncoming car having been on the wrong side of the road) because the camcording driver was too busy filming his speedometer to notice him, you may also have second thoughts about the relative wisdom of such activity. The car driver also thought he was a "pro" and "in control" and by himself on the road. Shame he didn't have radar installed and then he might have been aware of the approaching motorcyclist!

So, try telling the motorcyclist's family that if you want to stay safe on the roads, don't get on a bike or drive a car. I'm sure they'd find your sarcasm highly amusing.

If you want to record yourselves doing personal bests, do it on a track, then you can only kill yourselves. If you want to record yourselves driving on public roads, don't be a w4nker doing it, get a friend to do it for you.

You never know, once you've grown out of that phase, you may even be able to get a steady girl friend, then get a life.

OK, rant over. For the sake of everyone on the roads, please, please don't do this.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Suzy80, it's not like I'm watching the camera while accelerating. I just keep it steady pointing towards the speedo and hope I point it right, all in favor for "safety". I glance at the camera like maybe once or twice during the whole ordeal.

Understandably there will be them who make mistakes and end up hurting themselves and/or others. It's an awful thing.

Anyhow, can a moderator maybe clean up this thread and move the safety discussion to its own thread... ? It's a good discussion but I don't feel I want it in my jacking up my thread.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.