Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To my diesel driving friends in the UK:

Because of the fuel prices here in the states, and I know you are suffering too, I feel extremely guilty about driving cars that only get 18mpg and 26mpg. What's more I think we are getting worked over by the oil producers. (Oh, I don't want this to be a political statement.) I think the immediate future here in the US is diesel. Hybrids, hydrogen and full electric are far from being usable. We only get three or four autos that are powered as diesel. Not a great opportunity for decisions.

What I would like to ask of you is, how are the 0 to 62 times and the mileage on the A5 3.0 V6 TDI? Does TDI stand for Turbo Diesel Injection? Is the Audi diesel noisy? Is it more expensive than the 3.2? When is it coming to the states? And any other observations you may have.

And, as a Post Script to "jenbutmad" or should I call you "A5 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro Sport - Fully Loaded Ice Silver / Black Leather 'R777 JBM'?" What does R777 stand for and I assume JBM is jenbutmad? But why is Jen mad? ( I drive the same vehicle, but with the 3.2 V6.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Back at 'cha

Thanks Fraser. You sure did anwer my queries. Also thanks for converting from meters for me. You saved me a lot of math, which is not my strong suit.

You hit the nail on the head. To me nothing "sings" like a straight six and especially the 3 series BMW. My first choice would have been the S5, but I really hate stopping at gas (Opps, sorry, petrol) stations. I have never been a fan of V6 engines. I blew up the Buick I had. I did have an A6 3.2 company car and I couldn't complain about it. So my A5 was a compromise and I'm really growing fond of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts