Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am beginning down the road of modding my A5 after having it a couple of months. So far I have sorted out the brakes, tyres, added a Miltek exhaust & an ITG air filter. I now want to have the car remapped and the DPF removed. I have had someone say that ican go straight to Stage 2 but i always though you needed an upgraded FMIC before you could go to stage 2? I am being torn, do I go Stage 1 and play it safe or Stage 2 for the Pub Talk and the most power haha!

TIA.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have just left Bobby's with a Stage 2 on my 3.0 tdi very happy.. personally I would go stage 2 if its only the intercooler in you're way as this part is only £300 to me it's a no brainer. But yeah speak to Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Sent you a pm James
note for all do not install aftermarket air filters the amount of turbos I see with damaged compressor wheels is unreal
Bobby mate what do you mean??? I fit K&N or BMC to my car/bikes, are these risky???? The bikes breathe SO much better...ps I have no turbos.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Bobby mate what do you mean??? I fit K&N or BMC to my car/bikes, are these risky???? The bikes breathe SO much better...ps I have no turbos.
I assume he's talking about the eBay specials and them falling apart or letting rocks through I doubt K&N is a problem

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not sure about bike mate but on these 3.0TDI's every car I see with missing O ring (in air box) or aftermarket filter the turbo is 95% ruined

I assume he's talking about the eBay specials and them falling apart or letting rocks through I doubt K&N is a problem
K&N as well mate - stick with stock MANN filter, anyone that tells you they don't flow you can share my dyno chart with them - 600hp on stock filter

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not sure about bike mate but on these 3.0TDI's every car I see with missing O ring (in air box) or aftermarket filter the turbo is 95% ruined

K&N as well mate - stick with stock MANN filter, anyone that tells you they don't flow you can share my dyno chart with them - 600hp on stock filter
To be fair every time I change my MANN filter it's full of crap on one side and spotless on the other it is obviously doing the job. Plus since you worked on mine its been minimal lag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.