Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Team!

Just thought I would put some basic observations regarding a recent set of Mods. The car is a 3.0 TDI with 29,000 miles on the clock (18 months old). The mods were carried out by APS (thanks Ed !) and consisted of:

Remap
Milltek Exhaust
H&S Springs
Wheel Spacers

I can provide a more detailed report once I have driven the car more, but here is a summary (taken from an email summary to Ed at APS).

After the mods I needed to drive North up in the M1 - this was a bit of a nightmare because of the weather so spent a lot of the time between 60-70 max – returning 45 MPG. I filled up on the A43 and then again 156 miles later. OK so not that accurate but the MPG was within 1MPG of that predicted by the car – so far so good.

The car drives fabulously well. Love the handling. Once I got near destination the rain had stop as had the traffic (i.e. lack of). A few sweeping bends onto the M62 etc proved the springs etc are a nice compromise between looks and performance – they are perfectly OK for an everyday car if you accept it is a 'sports setup'.

The sound ... ok so a little tricky to hear early on, but without the wet road and with the window down – in a word ...... excellent. There is very little (if any) intrusion into the cabin except at high revs on a quiet road where you get this great ‘rasp’ sound. It is a perfect match – no doubt those outside (and behind) the car get most out of it! I am still getting used to looking at the back of the car when parked in the drive way. Dare I say - I kinda think the tail pipes might look a little 'too big' - but they are growing on me the whole time. The other car is STi with a BIG exhaust so I'm sure I will come around!

Performance – spot on. In a word... smooth :2thumbsup: The more I drive the more I recognise where the gains are. Try 55 MPH in 6th. Drop down to 4th with RPM just under 2750 and woooooosh ......... In my view the A5 TDI is not about standing starts anyway (not that it is bad at those). The real merit of the upgrade is the power / torque on tap as you drive in real world conditions.

As I said to Ed – a real stealth car that would put many a hot hatch in its place !! Its not an S5 (but why would I want it to be?). It is debadged (from new) and I am sure a few non Audi drivers are going to really wonder what it is / what model it is.

More later ....:thumbsup:

Chow!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice write up markus, glad to see your happy with it.

Happy :autofahrer:
:cheers: +1

My Milltek exhaust has done over a 1000 miles or so now and the sound gets better :thumbsup: I had to ask my brother to drive my5 up and down the road so I could hear that beautiful sound :) as you can't appreciate the sound inside as much as you can when your outside the car.

Also I'm looking at spacers. What size did you get Markus??
I not going to lower. I'll explain reason once I get photos and in a new thread.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice write up.... Glad you are enjoying it, i hope you manage to get to Santa Pod so i can have a good listen to your exhaust :thumbsup:

Hmmmmmm Exhaust ...................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.