Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have an A5 S-line with Tip and the paddle shifters were standard - no option that I saw on the list to order them separately. Canadian models may differ (3.2 FSI) so you probably should confirm with a European member.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how do you find the tiptronic on the a5 compared to cvt or dsg?
i am planning to get one for myself too ( 3.2 quatro tiptronic)but i am not sure about tiptronic
i just heard alot of bad things about tips and a lot of good things about cvt or dsg gerbox.
i cant decide if i should go for 3.2 tip( which has quattro) or for 3.2 cvt ( FWD,no quattro) or wait for dsg to come to a5?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
have on order but was wondering will i get paddle shifts as standard? anyone know?
I think it might depend upon which country your car is made for. I can tell you that paddle shifters came standard on my A5 Tiptronic, but I'm in the U.S. (and that might not be the case for other markets).

Please update your profile with your location so that folks will be able to confirm what they've found to be the case on their car in your market.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put in an order for an A5 Tiptronic (not the S-line) and the Canadian dealer said that the paddle shifters would NOT be included. I guess that is another reason they only include the paddle shifters in Canada with an S-line to try and sell that option package.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Historically paddleshifters on the the s/w have not been standard in the UK (on A4s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.