Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Picking up my new A5 3.0 TDI on Saturday :cool: , and its my first Diesel. Naturally I want to treat her well right from the off, so would like to know what people's experiences and opinions are on the higher-priced diesel that is now on the market, such as Shell's V-Power and BP's Ultimate. From what I've read they do the following:

1. Give you better/smoother performance.
2. More MPG
3. Clean the engine

I guess I'll be able to figure 1 and 2 over time, but 3 is a bit of a leap of faith - does anyone have any expertise on this?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ive been using the BP Ultimate and so much better not sure about MPG not noticed but alot smoother and a bit quicker :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Wasn't there a thread on here recently which basically said all these so called 'more power, more mpg' diesel fuels were a load of rubbish and you're just as well off sticking the standard stuff in it? I can understand it with petrol engines, but diesels??? If I remember rightly the guy that said about it actually worked at BP! :confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
V Power Diesel seems to ensure smoother running in my 3.0Tdi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses Guys - it seems I should give it a go at least. I used the V-Power petrol in my TT recently and can't say I noticed any difference, but I was probably concentrating on all the other bits of the car that were falling apart. :(

I guess that as I do less than 10,000 miles a year, I'm going to fill up what 20 tanks worth a year? It is say 5/6p more expensive a litre, so that's £3 extra per tank - £60 a year. I reckon that's a reasonable price to pay if it really is cleaner than regular diesel - but I may never find out if it was worth it or not. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts