Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo All.

Have a black 3.0 TDI A5 with all the bits.

Just recently completed a run from Reading, up to Liverpool, across to York and back to Reading. Was driving between 60-75 MPH (the rain kept me below 70 more than I would normally drive).

Recorded 49 MPG on average for the trip - over 570 miles from a full tank. Impressive I think for such a significant engine (that can really go if pushed).

rgs

Mark

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Markus,not bad for a black car,but "SILVER" is the way to go,according to comp "2" I've been averaging 48.7 for weeks now, mostly around town.Highest i've seen on comp"1" was 64.7:) short runs usually about 5 miles.(strange that the mpg always seems high,when starting from cold,and using low gears) I do not trust/believe the displays.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I have to agree with audilad, Ice Silver is definitely the sleekest colour. :cool:

I've just done a lot of trips between Doncaster and York with a mixture of motorway and A road and with only the occasional spirited driving, I managed to average around 45-46 mpg.

Anyway, this thread should come with depression warning for any S5 owners that happen to stop by. :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i must be driving mne wrong, im getting 34mpg on my comp 2 over 1st 600miles :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Fridge (Ibis White S5) just finished a 5800 mile road trip around the U.S. Mostly Interstate driving between 70 and 85 mph (occasioanlly I let her go over 100 mph) and I averaged 21.7 mpg. While you TDI guys are laughing, consider my cost per mile was probably comparable to yours since my gasoline cost averaged about $4.00 per gallon and I got to listen to the 4.2 l V-8 "exhaust music" for 3 weeks!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Fridge (Ibis White S5) just finished a 5800 mile road trip around the U.S. Mostly Interstate driving between 70 and 85 mph (occasioanlly I let her go over 100 mph) and I averaged 21.7 mpg. While you TDI guys are laughing, consider my cost per mile was probably comparable to yours since my gasoline cost averaged about $4.00 per gallon and I got to listen to the 4.2 l V-8 "exhaust music" for 3 weeks!
'
A friend of mine who has had the APS remap on his S5 has just completed a 300 mile round trip cross country with A-roads, Motorway and stop start traffic too... Motorway speeds were up to approx 90mph and giving it plenty of beans on the A roads to overtake many cars.

...He averaged 26.1mpg !!!

For those with TDis yep I know that's not great in comparison, but it's better than my old 2.7 bi-Turbo which got 23.5mpg on similar trips and had 100BHP less.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been averaging 43MPG recently... but it takes a big effort not to floor the thing! You can watch the economy figures tumble once you do, but still I've done 36MPG since owning the car, which with a right foot as heavy as mine, is all good!

T

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just on MPG in the UK versus the US. A US Gallon is 3.7 liters, a British Imperial Gallon is 4.5 liters. That's a 1.21 difference in size. So 49 MPG in the UK is really 40 MPG in the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts