Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has just had an accident (ran into the back of someone) I am looking for a bumper, bonnet, grilles, radiator etc to replace. I've been scrolling through internet but can't find anything that is apparently compatible. Can anyone point me in the right direction or know where there is a front of car for sale? I'm in South Yorkshire. Thank you. Tania

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
Years 2012 through 2016 should use the same parts here.
For example, the bonnet part number is 8T0823029H for the face-lift A5.
Grilles and bumpers appear to be tied to various PR codes (2K1, 2K2; 2K3, 2K4, 2K7, 2K8; 2K5, 2K6); find the PR codes on the vehicle information sticker under the floor in the boot/trunk.

This site can give you an idea what part numbers you're after: Audi A5/S5 Coupe/Sportback (A5CO) 2016 year Group Parts Audi EUROPA

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
As noted above, A5 coupe model years 2012 through 2016 (in Europe) share most body/chassis/interior components for similar PR codes. Differences based on engine/transmission types exist for some mechanical components, like the radiator (AKA "cooler for coolant"). For example, radiator for CAEB/CAED (2.0 petrol) & manual transmission is 8K0121251L, while for late automatic transmissions is 8K0121251AK (now -AN). For 3.0T petrol, radiators are 8K0121251H (manual) and 8K0121251AA (auto, now -AL). So, you can likely get bonnet, grille, bumper, fenders, from an A5 3.0T petrol, but not the radiator (and possibly radiator mount). --g

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As noted above, A5 coupe model years 2012 through 2016 (in Europe) share most body/chassis/interior components for similar PR codes. Differences based on engine/transmission types exist for some mechanical components, like the radiator (AKA "cooler for coolant"). For example, radiator for CAEB/CAED (2.0 petrol) & manual transmission is 8K0121251L, while for late automatic transmissions is 8K0121251AK (now -AN). For 3.0T petrol, radiators are 8K0121251H (manual) and 8K0121251AA (auto, now -AL). So, you can likely get bonnet, grille, bumper, fenders, from an A5 3.0T petrol, but not the radiator (and possibly radiator mount). --g
Managed to find a front of a 2013 Black edition S line Facelift model but its a 2.0L petrol. As per your message I believe the bonnet, bumper etc should fit. Do you know if the radiator and mount and crash bar will fit my 1.6L? Thank you

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
Managed to find a front of a 2013 Black edition S line Facelift model but its a 2.0L petrol. As per your message I believe the bonnet, bumper etc should fit. Do you know if the radiator and mount and crash bar will fit my 1.6L? Thank you
Look under the floor in the boot/trunk for the white vehicle information sticker; take a picture of that and post it here. That gives you (and us) important information about the build configuration of your '16 A5. --g

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
Yes, that's it.
Says your engine code is CJEE (1.8l petrol R4), transmission code is PHZ (manual 6 speed).
Radiator code 8Z5 (not hot country), bumper code 2K7 (reinforced bumper).
So, the only bit that is not common across B8.5 A5 models appears to be the radiator, which is dependent on the engine type: you're looking for 8K0121251R specifically, which was used in many (but not all) 4 cylinder diesel & petrol engines mated with manual transmissions. --g

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that's it.
Says your engine code is CJEE (1.8l petrol R4), transmission code is PHZ (manual 6 speed).
Radiator code 8Z5 (not hot country), bumper code 2K7 (reinforced bumper).
So, the only bit that is not common across B8.5 A5 models appears to be the radiator, which is dependent on the engine type: you're looking for 8K0121251R specifically, which was used in many (but not all) 4 cylinder diesel & petrol engines mated with manual transmissions. --g
Thank you for your help with this. It's much appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.