Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I bought a 2010 Audi A5 last month. The car`s start/stop system is not working but I didn`t give it much thought at the time since I would probably deactivate it the first chance I get. However, last week I had a couple of free days so I figured I`d run a diagnostic on the car, to make sure that`s not a symptom for a bigger problem.

Surely enough, I found the root of that problem pretty fast: it looks like the car cannot detect the battery level; at all. I went to the MMI menu to confirm and indeed the battery level meter is greyed out.

There are 2 faults linked to this:

00458 - Control Module for Battery Monitoring (J367)
004 - No Signal/Communication

and

03705 - Voltage Regulator
004 - No Signal/Communication

I`ve checked the forums here and I found that people had the issue multiple times in the past, however I am not able to find anyone that confirmed fixing this.

Naturally, I went to check if the battery is coded correctly, since I saw that this could be why the problem occurs; but it was.
Also, I changed the Battery Monitoring Controller with one that I found on Ebay, in case it was malfunctioning; still no luck. (it could be that this other controller is also malfunctioning, but I`m not getting another one for this remote chance right now :p).

So, my question is.. anyone had this issue and managed to fix it? I checked the wiring and it looks alright, however I`m unable to follow it since it`s mostly hidden. If I run out of options, I will break the car apart to see where the wires go and if they`re interrupted somewhere but I don`t feel like committing to that at this point, in case there`s a more obvious answer I`m not seeing :D.

And lastly, how much does this really influence the way the car works? (other that no start/stop)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, im also experiencing the same problem... is anyone aware about what is the cause if these faults? Thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked the connections and seem to be ok... Rackedydig said he replaced the sensor on the - pole of the battery but still no luck so i dont know if my problem could be the sensor or something else... I have as well him the same errors, 03705 and 00458... anyone has any idea or has fixed the problem?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Annoying as the Start Stop is, mines not working either and for some reason that annoys me more.:eek:

I've also got the 00458 J367 error along with (via Carista) 03705 Voltage Stabilizer.
The Battery level on the MMI is always 100% but I can't remember if I activated it via the Green Menu when I was tinkering.

Don;t know if they're linked but I'd love to find the answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts