Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 A5 2.0T TFSI Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a dipstick for my car. I have found three different part numbers and I can't figure out which one is for my car?

Part Numbers:
  • 06J115611E
  • 06E115611H
  • 06J115611L
I've read lots of conflicting articles and I've not seen anyone give clarity on all three parts. Also, some parts are cheaper and more available than others... I just don't want to buy the wrong one!

Can anybody help me out?

NOTE: I believe my oil sensor is faulty, hence why buying this dipstick. In this instance, I can't trust the MMI.

·
Registered
2010 A5 2.0T TFSI Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the dip stick after watching this video. I have 2009 2.0i TFSI.

Watch the video to cut the handle

Why do you say the MMI is not accurate?
Which video is that? I think you missed adding the link.

The MMI always showed me 'oil level low, please input oil' but this time it jumped straight to 'fill immediately'. I put a good amount of oil in the car, but the error continued and didn't change. I am assuming the oil level sensor is playing up, but I want to get a dipstick to confirm that.

I've read that the wrong part code could be up to 7mm different in length, which is a fundamental problem with a dipstick!

·
Registered
2010 A5 2.0T TFSI Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Link would have helped :D

But before you point the oil level sensor investigate the bonnet switch..these 2 videos may help
Thank's Sayek, understanding how the bonnet latch triggers an oil check really helped me use the MMI better.

I'm used to my car flagging when oil is low, but I'd never seen it jump straight to 'fill immediately'. I assumed this was a leak or something worse. Naturally, at this point, I put a good amount of oil in.

After understanding how the latch works, I checked to make sure it was resetting correctly. Maybe it failed before, but this time, the latch worked as expected.

Now, when I checked the MMI, it told me I had overfilled. I still have no idea what triggered the error in the first place, as I hadn't touched the oil for more than a month.

I still plan to buy a dipstick because the intricacies of the MMI do not give me confidence in the readings. For anyone reading this chain in the future, I found this link - Adding oil dipstick to Audi A4 B8/A5/Q5 (by LoCal) - Audi A6 Q7 A8 A4 A5 Retrofit Jälkiasennus Nachrüsten Retro-fit

1.8?/2.0? TFSI: 06J 115 611 E * (Both do have the same dipstick tube, 06H 115 610 B)
2.0 TDI: 03L 115 611 E
2.7/3.0 TDI: 059 115 611 AB
3.2 FSI: 06E 115 611 H
S5 4.2: 079 115 611 AB (was 079 115 611 AD)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.