Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i just got into my car after 2 hours from visiting a friend and all of a sudden the driver side window wont go down when i push the button on the door panel, if it did then it wont come up and i had to use my hands to pull it up whilst puling the button up.

It also makes a strange noise and below is the video.

What do you guys think, is it the frame assembly or regulator ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Today i just got into my car after 2 hours from visiting a friend and all of a sudden the driver side window wont go down when i push the button on the door panel, if it did then it wont come up and i had to use my hands to pull it up whilst puling the button up.

It also makes a strange noise and below is the video.

What do you guys think, is it the frame assembly or regulator ?
I would say the regulator has snapped, I've had both gone on mine a common issue.. an easy fix. just make sure the window doesn't drop down like mine did!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Regulator. The same Audi issue for many models as VAG have never properly fixed this issue - for years!! (My old 2001 Passat had this issue. My 2008 A5 had the same issue!! Come on VAG, sort it out! Cheap parts!).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had this exact issue last month. You need a new window regulator as yours has snapped, which can be found on euro car parts. It’s quite an easy install, but the door panel and that needs to come off. Search around on A5OC, there’s a guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts