Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

A5 2007 SOUND ISSUE

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mrgupe 
#1 ·
Anyone ever had this issue with all sources radio/cd/usb just suddenly sound started to cut off and back on And continues to do that all the time, tried hard reset multiple times, battery disconnected.
It doesn’t restart whole system just cutting sound and dead slow in car setup and other options, navigation working just really slow, reverse camera working fine and all sensors as well. A5 3.0TDI 2007 B&O system

#2 ·
Hmm. Not had that specifically....

I did have intermittent sound for about 2 days before losing all sound (no matter what source). Turned out my B&O Amp fried itself. Not water damage but electronics fault (a component on the amplifier board burnt out and was not repairable).

I'm not sure what advice i can offer here. First thing is to check that no water is getting into the amp from the boot (you should be able to spot water marks on amp if it is. If there is water ingress then sort that issue. Dry out amp and see if that helps.

The next one is difficult. What part of the sound system is going. I'm presuming VCDS will be able to see MMS codes if theyre there.

The A5 amplifier issues are common. Water damage is the main one. This wrecks the DSP chip which requires a new chip, board or amplifier. There are repair services to fix these. You can buy another amp (ebay) but it will need coding to your car.
The issue i had was the amplifier board (inside the amplifier module are two boards (for my car). One board is the DSP/ MOS and the other the amplifier). I could swap the amplifier board out with another similar Audi B&O amp and it worked fine with no re-program to car.

With yours, its a bit finger in the air at the moment. I would suggest removing amp, take module apart and look for any damage. But i don't recommend this unless you do know what you're doing ( i work in electronics so i was happy to do it).
VCDS or code scan first to look for MMS system faults. Maybe send amp (likely suspect at the moment) for investigation and repair? Theres a company in Scotland who repair the Audi B&O amps. If its the amp of course.

Apologies this is not much help...!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.