Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly i apologise as i m sure this subject keeps coming up i was going to tag into another thread but i could not find one that meets the description that follows - but i am at my whitts end! -

My Audi has been having issues with regen for around a year - particle filter light on , i give it a good run and it clears only to appear the next day, occasionally it goes it went into limp mode, turns out the DPF is at fault, and the EGR also a fault. I decided as it was giving me a headache to remove it. I booked it in to have it removed / mapped out / eco map at the same time.
On the way there it normally sits at around 600 rpm on tick-over when not running a regen but this went up to just under a 1000, i initially thought this was another failed regen but following the work it is still there.

When i first start it ticks over around 600 then climbs up again. this happens if hot or cold?

occasionally it ticks over normal i.e. pulling up drops from 900 to around 600 but this is very intermittent. but now stays at around 1000rpm

Apart from this it runs great just feels like its racing on tick-over?

could this be linked to a thermostat / sensor / etc.....

Getting really frustrated so any ideas welcome please assist

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say either your battery or alternator has failed/failing.

If neither of those are the problem, I'm pretty sure you can alter the engine idle speed in vcds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been doing some reading and found that the coolant temp sensor may cause this if faulty as occasionally reverts and ticks over normally? any thoughts / similar issues thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the output of the sensor working correctly? It can easily be checked with vcds. Its a cheap enough starting point if you think thats the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts