Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just browsing through the final pages of the manual for my A5 and I've just noticed some tech specs for the 2.0TDI. I know others have mentioned references in the service manual but this actually has stats I haven't seen before.

Power Output: 125kW @ 4200rpm
Max Torque: 350Nm at 1750-2500rpm
Max Speed: 230km/h
Acceleration 0-100km/h: 8.3 secs
Weight: 1470kg

At the moment it seems like it will only be offered as a manual as all stats are listed as "MG" with no "AG" option.

So... almost identical to the 1.8T in terms of power, speed and acceleration but with significantly more torque. It'll also be interesting to see what the CO2 and MPG figures look like ... looks like they've improved the performance of the unit over the one in the new A4 so probably had to sacrifice a bit on the economy front ... I'll guess 154g/km for CO2 and 48mpg on the combined cycle but there's no science here, just a guess.

Anyone want to guess at prices for the UK? My guess is £28,000 for the standard and £29,000 for the Sport version.

I suspect we'll find out during the summer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for that. I have been waiting to see the stats on that for a while.

I spoke to a dealer here in Ireland and he said we should start seeing them on the roads around Sept.

He also said he expects the price here to be about €53,000 (the 1.8 is €49,900) so i guess in the UK it will be just a little bit dearer than the 1.8 too.

None of this is official info though. He was just passing on what he has heard.

Think i might seriously think about the 2.0TDI over the 1.8TFSI now if them figures are correct

1 - 2 of 2 Posts