Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got any info as to when the A5 2.0tdi will be released in the U.K. and also what the bhp / torque will be as my A6 2.0tdi s-line is due for a change v soon. Don't fancy the 1.8tfsi and cant afford the 2.7tdi! Many thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't think they will introduce 2.0tdi of A5 Never mind you can always live in hope!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to speak to an engineer today at my local Audi dealer, he said off the record that there was suppost to be an A5 2.0tdi with 170bhp being released at the same time as the 1.8tfsi but there has been some production delays and they haven't got any more info apart from that as of yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A5 2.0tdi 170bhp

Audi are due to commence production of the A5 2.0TDI ( 170bhp with dpf) Manual during production week 10, i.e middle of March 2008. The first batch will arrive in Ireland on production week 16, i.e start of April. While the dealers are not officially taking orders yet, waiting lists have started. I expect the dates for the UK are somewhat similar. Production dates for the 2.0TDI multitronic have not been released.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I managed to speak to an engineer today at my local Audi dealer, he said off the record that there was suppost to be an A5 2.0tdi with 170bhp being released at the same time as the 1.8tfsi but there has been some production delays and they haven't got any more info apart from that as of yet.
Yeah - from what I've read I think some of it boils down to engine shortages with the 2.7TDi. Audi didn't expect it to be as popular as it has been, and as a result there's a 5 week delay on the production line. I've got a 2.7TDi Sport on order which isn't due until April 14th 2008 - it'll be 19 week lead time in total :( , although it's worth waiting for :)

There's a regular production update kindly posted by a UK Audi dealer on here somewhere - I'll see if I can remember where it is and put the link up in this thread.

Cheers,
Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts