Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals, The spec on the new engine when installed in FWD mode is 211PS at 4300-6000rpm; 350Nm at 1500-4200 rpm (I think that this must be a mistake); top speed 155mph; 0-62mph 6.9s. Emission rating EU4 152g/Km; estimated combined fuel consumption 42.7mpg. This appears to be obtained through the use of Audi valvelift system. Apparently this spec can be ordered in the UK as of yesterday.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I phoned my dealer this morning, and it appears that I very kindly informed them of the fact that the 2.0's are now available to order!!! I was actually asking about the production timescales for the multitronic and to confirm prices. They will have to call the main Audi sales centre on Monday to confirm timescales and will phone me back then. I will post an update here when I have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys,

music to my ears.....

i have had reservations of the 1.8TFSI and am glad its available 2.0TFSI. does anyone have any pricing information...2.0TFSI sport? base price...and delivery timescales?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys,

music to my ears.....

i have had reservations of the 1.8TFSI and am glad its available 2.0TFSI. does anyone have any pricing information...2.0TFSI sport? base price...and delivery timescales?
£1,620 more than the 1.8 sport but if you have the sat nav you also have to buy the voice control at £325. I swapped my 1.8 order for the 2.0 yesterday and expect delivery mid July (compared to Nov for 1.8 ordered in Feb!). Seems like an excellent deal although the 1.8 is a fine engine with a surprising amount of power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for getting back to me.

Thats a great price for the longer term benefit. my brother has just bought a new TT with the 2.0TFSI and it is a fantastic engine. the power, responsiveness and sound is great.

One last question, do you know what the exhaust set up will be on the rear?

x2 twin pipes on the left (as on 1.8) or 2 exhausts, one on the left and one on the right? as per 3.0quattro?

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi guys,music to my ears.....i have had reservations of the 1.8TFSI and am glad its available 2.0TFSI. does anyone have any pricing information...2.0TFSI sport? base price...and delivery timescales?
Here you go.........I'm told by my local dealer the spec is the same as the 1.8T, in that it has twin exhausts on the left and a grey grille.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, twin exhaust on one side. Actually I rather like that arrangement-especially with the chrome trims fitted, which can be bought for £55 from Audi spares.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yep - current A5 UK exhaust config is 4 cyclinders = 2 on left, 6 cylinders = 1 each side.

Note that this rule only applies to exhausts and not other trim options, specifically the front grill. The high gloss black is only included on the 3.0TDI and 3.2FSI - all other models (excluding S5) have the matt grey.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Guys, been busy this week so not had a chance to post an update until now - sorry. My dealer spoke to the main sales centre in Germany and informed me that as far as the multitronic version of the new 2.0 engine is concerned, there is no confirmed release date but the guy couldn't even say that it would definitely be this year. The price difference is as other member in this post have confirmed, circa 1.5K.
Even if I hadn't ordered my car which is due to arrive in a month or so, I still don't think I would wait that long.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey G8OFA, did you have any problem changing your order ? I have a 1.8 on order, build sometime soon but want the 2.0. Will ask the dealer asap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey G8OFA, did you have any problem changing your order ? I have a 1.8 on order, build sometime soon but want the 2.0. Will ask the dealer asap.
No, they got back to me about 20 mins after my query and had changed the order. OTOH, I ordered in Feb and had been given a October build date; whereas on the 2.0T I have been given a build date this month!:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks G8OFA. Will call tomorrow and see if I can change my order.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good news. The dealer changed my order yesterday. No build week yet but hoping for September delivery. Spec is 2.0 TFSI FWD sport in brilliant black, black milano, xenons and DRLs.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Shame this car isn't quattro, a slightly bigger turbo, exhaust, re-map and coilovers and your looking at 300 bhp+ and good handling. Good alternative to the S5 and a good way to get around the new TAX bands here.

EDIT:- Oops just realised it is available in Quattro.

30K for car + 5k for mods = S5 performance for less :) very nice indeed. And to top it off it's 140kg lighter than the S5 too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yep, as you say it is available with quattro but at extra cost off course. For me the 2.0T offers a good compromise between performance and cost for a car that I am going to use on a daily basis. The fuel consumption is reasonable and the CO2 emisions are low. I originally had a budget of 25k and test drove the new A4 but didn't like it. I then saw you could get an A5 1.8T for around 27k so had a test drive and loved it. It is so much better than the A4. Now that the 2.0T is available I have pushed my budget even further to afford it as it seems to be a much better deal than the 1.8T.

Does quattro versus FWD make a big difference for day to day use ???

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yep, as you say it is available with quattro but at extra cost off course. For me the 2.0T offers a good compromise between performance and cost for a car that I am going to use on a daily basis. The fuel consumption is reasonable and the CO2 emisions are low. I originally had a budget of 25k and test drove the new A4 but didn't like it. I then saw you could get an A5 1.8T for around 27k so had a test drive and loved it. It is so much better than the A4. Now that the 2.0T is available I have pushed my budget even further to afford it as it seems to be a much better deal than the 1.8T.

Does quattro versus FWD make a big difference for day to day use ???
Yes and no, in the winter quattro makes a big difference or when it is bucketing down with rain. I've had 2 A4s in the past one with and one without quattro, without a doubt I wouldn't go back to front wheel drive.

Not to say front wheel drive is rubbish its fine, but with quattro the cars just have much more grip and handle so much better....and don't understeer so badly either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So UK is getting 2.0? So far i know it is available in South Africa and Slovakia...iI think Croatia too:)
No word on US arrival:(
I want one, Monza Silver or Cherry Black.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news Nikenike. Yes the quattro would have been nice but I had already pushed my budget hard so had to stop somewhere before my wife divorced me!!!:eek:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey G8OFA, yep, me too. Cost was just too much. Maybe my next A5 will be quattro ? To be honest, I value my life to much to want to drive round corners too quickly as you never know quite what's round there eg tractor, horse and rider etc, so I will be content with FWD. Glad I found this thread and was able to get my order changed. Thanks for the valuable information you posted.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey G8OFA, yep, me too. Cost was just too much. Maybe my next A5 will be quattro ? To be honest, I value my life to much to want to drive round corners too quickly as you never know quite what's round there eg tractor, horse and rider etc, so I will be content with FWD. Glad I found this thread and was able to get my order changed. Thanks for the valuable information you posted.
Not to make anyone second guess their choice (I think you already made a really good move with your changed order), but more grip is only dangerous if you abuse it. It is actually safer when you can be sure your car always responds (say, if you must get away from under some maniac that will otherwise hit you or some other surprising situation)... and not just by blinking a yellow light.

Having said that, I currently drive a FWD Audi and I have owned quattros too. It is not end all be all, but it is magical and beneficial all right - and not just in snow, with enough power (and 2.0 TFSI is pushing it with that torque) you benefit from it in any weather.

But as I said, I'm happily driving an FWD currently because last time around I decided my money was better spent on other features of the car.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts