Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having taken delivery of my 2.0 TFSI quattro sport last week and having now done about 500 miles I feel in a position to give some feedback, as a couple of members had specifically asked for it ( Pamrit and Addy ).

I should preface my thoughts by saying that I am no motoring journalist and that until recently I have been driving a volvo XC90 and a renault scenic.

The A5 is a thing of beauty and in brilliant black looks stunning especially when wet. It's going to be difficult to keep clean but i think it will be worth it.

In my opinion the car handles very well but I haven't really pushed it on any twisty country roads yet. Acceleration in the 2.0 quattro sport is quoted at 6.5 to 62 mph and it certainly feels quick. Overtaking by dropping into gear 3 at about 50 is very impressive. There is a momemtary turbo lag then the revs climb very quickly and before you know it you are doing 70 - 80 leptons and back in safely. The engine noise is sweet as the turbo kicks in. The steering feels absolutely right to me and so far I haven't been aware of any over or understeer. I absolutely love driving it.

There are one or two negatives. At low speed tyre noise is quite noticable and the ride on the sport suspension can be firm over bumps and potholes. Fuel consumption over the first 500 miles has been 24.5 mpg ! It is slowly climbing so should hopefully get above 30. The pedals have very little grip and my foot has slipped of the clutch a couple of times. I would like to get some new peddle covers. Any suggestions ?

I have had no regrets as yet about buying the A5. I am so glad that I was alerted to the release of the 2.0 engine through this forum ( having placed an order for a 1.8 ) as, so far, to me this engine derivative seems to be the perfect compromise between performance and cost.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great review. It is a pity the 2.0 did not come out at the time I got my 1.8T but regardless, after trimming it, I'll be happy. :) The potholes and bumps are certainly felt morenow since it is a sport chassi and after lowering it even more. But for me, it is worth it. Boy! I still get looks even now, since I removed all emblems and changed out the grill and rims. Everybody wants to know what car it is...Can you see that I am smiling still... ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats on the car! Quick question, is the exhaust tip on the UK version 2.0 TFSI quattro sport "unfinished" as rumoured and desperately seeking fitment of a "8K0 071 761" exhaust tip? Any pictures possible of the "unfinished" exhaust? My car is due anytime now and would like to know if I should be ordering the part in readiness?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I picked up a 1.8T last Friday which came with the exhaust tips but I had ordered exterior S-Line package.

R

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the car! Quick question, is the exhaust tip on the UK version 2.0 TFSI quattro sport "unfinished" as rumoured and desperately seeking fitment of a "8K0 071 761" exhaust tip? Any pictures possible of the "unfinished" exhaust? My car is due anytime now and would like to know if I should be ordering the part in readiness?
The car does come without exhaust tips. I didn't get a photo without them as the dealer fitted them before delivery. In my opinion the car looks much better with the tips. They cost about £55 I think. I got them free as part of the deal. I would definitely order them and have the dealer fit them when they are preparing your car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I picked up a 1.8T last Friday which came with the exhaust tips but I had ordered exterior S-Line package.

R

Congrats on your new 1.8T. You are gonna love it. After doing a trim you'll be able to get 209HP. An extra 7HP when you upgrade the exhaust system, bringing it up to 216HP. Not bad...

·
Registered
365 Posts
The car does come without exhaust tips. I didn't get a photo without them as the dealer fitted them before delivery. In my opinion the car looks much better with the tips. They cost about £55 I think. I got them free as part of the deal. I would definitely order them and have the dealer fit them when they are preparing your car.
Thanks, will do!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tiking, where are getting the performance tuning done for your 1.8T?
Here in Sweden, either at BSR or Dalbäcks. The step 1 is the one I'll be doing which will make it about 210HP, 209HP to be precis. The step 2 is for the 216HP. The price I got does not justify the small amount of HP you get.

I think you have a BSR branch in England as well, not sure. I know they are well know tuning firm, with gauratees you can buy. I would advice you to get the gaurantee as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation. Is there one in Irland?

·
Registered
388 Posts
links

I'm not sure if there is one in Ireland, can you please advise me what the easiest way is to insert a Hyperlink as I seem to be having trouble.

Cheers

1.8tfsi sport
brill blk,
drl"s,with mods!
star silver leather,
bluetooth,
auto folding mirrors+auto dimming mirrors
interior light pack
two shiny chrome tailpipes!
hill hold
debadged

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the rear with the exhaust tips :D
Nikenike

Thanks for the report it reads well and whets my appetite for my 2.0 Quattro Sport - but I will have to wait until mid-December for it!

The colour looks great and I'm glad I chose Phamtom Balck and the 18" wheels too; they fill the arches rather nicely in my opinion.

Please keep the reports coming, particularly on the performance, and mpg and I hope it improves as I'm used to 34 mpg around town (46 mpg on a run) from my 2004 Beemer 525 oil burner!

In the meantime, I’ll just have to polish my other ‘baby, my 1958 Triumph TR3A and wait for the sun to shine (but it may be some time!!) – hope you guys like the photos:

Cheers
Addy

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think I shall order them for mine then. I'm just getting the 2.0T Sport Multitronic (not Quattro) though. I was thinking of the Exhaust trim but I can't find any pictures of a standard 2.0T Sport without the trim anywhere, all the pictures seem to be the 2.7TDCi, the 3.2 or the S5, it's so annoying. Thanks for the review.

But it makes me want my car even more now!

ADDY: When did you order your A5? I ordered mine last weekend and have been given a build 'month' of October for deliver any time between the start of November and the start of January 09.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ADDY: When did you order your A5? I ordered mine last weekend and have been given a build 'month' of October for deliver any time between the start of November and the start of January 09.
Highrisedrifter - I like that, it reminds me of the Clint Eastwood film ' High Plains Drifter' - or is that showing my age?!

Anyway, I ordered my car on 25th July. The order was placed on the Lister Group by Hitachi Capital, but I'm not sure what build week that would be?

Cheers
Addy

·
Registered
953 Posts
Highrisedrifter - I like that, it reminds me of the Clint Eastwood film ' High Plains Drifter' - or is that showing my age?!

Anyway, I ordered my car on 25th July. The order was placed on the Lister Group by Hitachi Capital, but I'm not sure what build week that would be?

Cheers
Addy
Heh thanks, I got the name from that film, it's my favourite Clint Eastwood western (showing my age too).

Hmmn, so if you ordered yours almost exactly a month before me, then I guess I will get mine in January, rather than earlier then. Bugger.

I ordered mine through the Worthing Audi dealer. Phantom Black too! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.