Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm awaiting delivery of my A5 2.0 TFSi (211), due December.
I've read a couple of early reviews on this forum on this car but would like to know how you guys are getting on now that your new 2.0 TFSi has been run in. Usualy stuff mpg: town/commute/motorway, accelaration, handling, any dislikes etc
Any info would be appreicated......

Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm awaiting delivery of my A5 2.0 TFSi (211), due December.
I've read a couple of early reviews on this forum on this car but would like to know how you guys are getting on now that your new 2.0 TFSi has been run in. Usualy stuff mpg: town/commute/motorway, accelaration, handling, any dislikes etc
Any info would be appreicated......

Cheers
Mine is am A5 2.0 TFSi Quattro Sport (211). Not run-in as yet, only few days old. So far the handling and everthing about her is first-rate. Initial impressions are off the chart for me as the driver, and others as passengers/specatators. More technical reply after the car is run-in.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Mine is am A5 2.0 TFSi Quattro Sport (211). Not run-in as yet, only few days old. So far the handling and everthing about her is first-rate. Initial impressions are off the chart for me as the driver, and others as passengers/specatators. More technical reply after the car is run-in.
What are the pros and cons re 2.0T FSi Quattro vs 3.0Tdi Quattro. I want to run one for 2 + years.

Any thoughts:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I'll be looking to post my views and performance review on the 2.0 TFSI Sport, I'm expected mine in 9 days time, and I intend to book some holiday time for a good little run out!!
:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
What are the pros and cons re 2.0T FSi Quattro vs 3.0Tdi Quattro. I want to run one for 2 + years.

I had a 2.0TQ A3 before the TDi A5 and I know the 2.0T has been significantly tweaked in terms of emissions and performance since I got the A3 in 2005 but there is no comparison in terms of torque!!! The Tdi is REALLY quick. It is very good with a manual box but amazing with the tiptronic.

My mates that have been in the car can't believe its a diesel. Gear change is super smooth. I'm getting 38-39mpg on a run and 30mpg round town. My A3 used to do 22-25mpg round town and 30-32 on a run.

I ordered my A5 the day they opened the order book on the 2.0T but as I wanted tiptronic and quattro it had to be the diesel. Having had a diesel aversion in the past due to the noise I was not sure I had made the right decision.

I now know that the darkside has taken over:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have now done 1400 miles. I still think it is a fantastic car. The revs climb so quickly from around 1500 rpm. Overtaking ability is great. Acceleration from 40ish up to 70ish is effortless. I have started to push the car a bit on twisting A roads and generally it grips and corners very well. I have noticed some oversteer a couple of times. The car doesn't have as much torque as the 3.0 TDI but I don't pull a caravan so i don't think I'm going to miss it. I did test drive the 3.0 TDI a couple of times and I thought it was a great engine but I just love the way my car revs so quickly from so low down.

Fuel consumption is the biggest drawback so far. Over the 1400 miles I have averaged 27 mpg. My drive to work is 21 miles, about half dual carriageway and half twisting A road. I usually average about 32 mpg on this journey. Guess I've been heavy with the right foot but I can't see anyone getting close to the 38.2 official figure.

As for which car to go for, general wisdom seems to say that if you do a lot of miles, 15-18 k plus, you should buy diesel, presumably due to engine life, but lots of petrol engines will still be running smoothly after 100 k miles ? The 2.0 TFSI ( with xenons and DRLs ) is 2585 pounds less than the 3.0 TDI. I guess anyone looking at an A5 now will want to drive both cars and make a personal choice based on the feel of the cars and the price. I can see a significant proportion of A5s now being ordered with the 2.0 TFSI engine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone with a 180BHP 2.0tfsi?!

I've just ordered one, and after test driving the 1.8, I was happy with the acceleration that gave me.

Any info greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi
I'll be looking to post my views and performance review on the 2.0 TFSI Sport, I'm expected mine in 9 days time, and I intend to book some holiday time for a good little run out!!
:)
Hi there

Out of interest, when did you order yours? I would be interested in how long UK 2.oTFSI cars are taking to come through as I have had one on order for about 4 weeks but no sign of a build date yet.

Andy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nikenike said "Fuel consumption is the biggest drawback so far. Over the 1400 miles I have averaged 27 mpg. My drive to work is 21 miles, about half dual carriageway and half twisting A road. I usually average about 32 mpg on this journey. Guess I've been heavy with the right foot but I can't see anyone getting close to the 38.2 official figure."

Thats interesting, I must admit that given the performance and weight of the car I was astonished they quoted 42.8Mpg combined. Looks like I will opt for a fuel card from work on that basis as it will only cost £115PM in tax...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there

Out of interest, when did you order yours? I would be interested in how long UK 2.oTFSI cars are taking to come through as I have had one on order for about 4 weeks but no sign of a build date yet.

Andy
Hi Andy

I ordered mine in June, and was given an 'early September' delivery date - it was literally the a day after the weekend that the 2.0 tfsi was introduced, as previously I was opting for the 1.8, in fact it was 11th June to be exact that I ordered! :)

Car was built, and arrived in the UK on the 4th September, with Dealer this week and ready for pick-up no later than 23rd if all goes to plan! So 12/13 weeks is a fair estimate to go by in my case. Hope this helps...

Best wishes for you... hope all goes smoothly ... :)

Marv

·
Registered
953 Posts
I ordered mine on 23 August and ten days later I was given a build week of 50. Delivery is scheduled for some time in January 09. :(

It seems that is a fairly standard time down my neck of the woods. I live in hope that my dealer can sort something out quicker though.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

Go with the 2.0 TFSi Quattro - the TDI is not worth the extra, especially if you pay £500 and re-map the 2.0 TFSI to 250bhp. The economy is excellent too for a petrol. There is a thread on the forum where I put up the calculations of mpg for the TDI and the TFSI and it was worked out that unless you did more than 20,000 mile for 3 years you wouldn't make back the extra you pay for the TDI.

My mate has the TT-S which is 275bhp ok it's not exactly the same but tis still the same base 2.0 TFSI and he is getting great mpg for the performance.

Also in theory the driving dynamics of the TFSI should be excellent against the TDI as it is no where near as nose heavy, so less chance of understeer on spirited runs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Had a short blast on some country roads this evening. Distance 7.3 miles, average speed 49 mph, fuel consumption 18.3 mpg !

What's everyone else with a 2.0 TFSI getting per gallon ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Had a short blast on some country roads this evening. Distance 7.3 miles, average speed 49 mph, fuel consumption 18.3 mpg !

What's everyone else with a 2.0 TFSI getting per gallon ?
Model: 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport
Fuel: Shell VPower Petrol

Town running: About 24mpg
Motorway running: About 35mpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's pretty rubbish I would say...!

How about the 1.8 guys...
What are you guys getting mpg wise?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd go along with the others. I've now done just short of 1000 miles and I'm getting:

24 mpg in town
28 mpg overall
38 mpg at best on the open road and motorway (not driving hard)

I'd hoped for better than this but have never believed the official government stats - they must drive with fluffy slippers. I'm hoping that the mpg will improve as the engine frees up over the next 4-5000 miles.

To put things in perspective, my wife only gets around 38 mpg from her 2.0 TDi A6 despite claims of 44+ mpg (and no-one drives more frugally).

·
Registered
479 Posts
I used to get the same kind of mpg figures from my 2.0T Quattro A3 (which finally sold yesterday:D) and I thought that with the tweaks that Audi had made to the emissions and the quoted mpg figures they stated, that things would be much better in the A5 but it appears not.

I'm incredibly happy with the TDi: 30-34mpg round town and 38-40mpg on a run.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What I love about the TDi is that it cruises at 100 (of ian's leptothings) at just over 2000 RPM.

Is this becasue it's a diesel or because it's a V6, or a bit of both?

·
Registered
337 Posts
When I have the car I average about 27 mpg, when my wife has it she averages about 32 mpg. It's amazing what an extra 25 kg does to the fuel economy !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts