Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

A5 2.0 (211bhp)... A Few Problems....

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bushy2812 
Hey Bushy, welcome to a5oc.

The ipod issue may be related to the cable. The cable changed from MY2008 to MY2009 so you need to make sure you have a MY2009 cable. This has been discussed in other threads and the part number you need is listed somewhere.

As for the DRLs it sounds like someone made a cock-up somewhere along the line. I don't think they were ever removed as an option. I assume you are not paying for them as they would have made the car £775 more expensive. Did the leasing cost change as a result of them not being on the car ? If they are on your order confirmation I would think you could ask your leasing firm to have them retrofitted but then you will have to pay over the 3 years. For me the car is not the same without DRLs so I would think it's worth pushing for them.

Good luck and let us know how you get one.

Hey again Bushy, this is the part number for the MY2009 ipod/iphone connector - part no. 4F0 051 510K. This connects to the standard ipod slot.

The published economy figures are a nonsense. I am averaging 28 mpg after 5000 miles. Is your car quattro or FWD ?

The DRLs can be retrofitted, some people on the forum have done it. Hopefully they will advise you, but if you paid the price you agreed with the DRLs I would say you have a good case to argue with the leasing company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.