Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I took delivery of my lovely new motor on Thursday. Fantastic 2.0 (211) Sport Model, Ibis White, with light grey interior, 19" Y Design alloys, 3G MMI with Sat Nav and AMI.

I have a couple of problems that I was wondering if anyone could help with.

Firstly I bought a cable from my local Audi dealer for my iPod nano (2nd generation), as soon as I plug the cable in even without the iPod the display under source in the MMI reads "unsupported device".

Secondly I have the jukebox with the car and the dvd drive is supposed to be able to read and import MP3's. I have burnt some to a disc but when I insert it the display just keeps saying it is loading and it never actually loads. If I put the disc into the 6 CD changer in the glove box it just comes up as data media and I cant access that either. I have tried putting the MP3's in folders according to the album and seperately just on the disk with no folders, but still no luck.

Thirdly, I ordered the car with Xenon upgrades and Daytime Running Lights, it has come without. Apparantly Audi are saying to the leasing company that at the time it was a valid option, they then removed it as an option for the 4 cylinder models, but then brought it back. It then wasnt added to my car. Sounds like a load of rubbish to me, can anyone tell me where I stand?

I love the car but for would be dissapointed if I cant get the DRL's, afterall I am going to have the car for the next 3 years and it is certainly not cheap.

Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey Bushy, welcome to a5oc.

The ipod issue may be related to the cable. The cable changed from MY2008 to MY2009 so you need to make sure you have a MY2009 cable. This has been discussed in other threads and the part number you need is listed somewhere.

As for the DRLs it sounds like someone made a cock-up somewhere along the line. I don't think they were ever removed as an option. I assume you are not paying for them as they would have made the car £775 more expensive. Did the leasing cost change as a result of them not being on the car ? If they are on your order confirmation I would think you could ask your leasing firm to have them retrofitted but then you will have to pay over the 3 years. For me the car is not the same without DRLs so I would think it's worth pushing for them.

Good luck and let us know how you get one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the response, I will have a search for the correct part number for the cable.

With regards the DRL's no I am still paying the same price at the moment, the price hasn't been reduced. I obviously want them on the car but not sure if this can be achieved as I believe it is a factory fit only component isnt it?

Would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas about what I am doing wrong with the MP3's.

Also not sure where the fuel economy figures come from in the brochure.... I must have a heavy foot as I am only getting around 30mpg.

Got to say though, what a fantastic car!

Regards

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey again Bushy, this is the part number for the MY2009 ipod/iphone connector - part no. 4F0 051 510K. This connects to the standard ipod slot.

The published economy figures are a nonsense. I am averaging 28 mpg after 5000 miles. Is your car quattro or FWD ?

The DRLs can be retrofitted, some people on the forum have done it. Hopefully they will advise you, but if you paid the price you agreed with the DRLs I would say you have a good case to argue with the leasing company.

·
Registered
871 Posts
As you are leasing you could probably reject the car for such a big mistake and get them to supply you with the correct model

·
Registered
64 Posts
Aren't the Xenon Plus/DRLs standard on all A5 with 190PS and over?? At least that is what the official brochures state...

Although in some countries like mine, they are standard together with Servotronic on all A5s.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aren't the Xenon Plus/DRLs standard on all A5 with 190PS and over?? At least that is what the official brochures state...

Although in some countries like mine, they are standard together with Servotronic on all A5s.
In sweden the first 3 weeks that you could order the 2.0 180/211ps it was standard with the Xenon Plus/DRLs. After that it was only standard on the 211ps. Servotronic is also standard on all A5:s

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
As you are leasing you could probably reject the car for such a big mistake and get them to supply you with the correct model
I was gonna say the same thing. With leasing you should reject the car. It won't be any money out of your pocket if you do. Ultimately it's up to the leasing company to chase this up for you.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Welcome Bushy

If you have been miss sold you ust take it up with your lease company/dealer quickly. In my recent experience (re SLine announcement) persistence and statement of the facts in a professional and controlled way generates results. Don't get angry or 'mirroring behaviour' will inevitably follow.

The iPod cable did change for 2009 models apparently.

Are you sure you've got 3G MMI by the way???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Bushy

If you have been miss sold you ust take it up with your lease company/dealer quickly. In my recent experience (re SLine announcement) persistence and statement of the facts in a professional and controlled way generates results. Don't get angry or 'mirroring behaviour' will inevitably follow.

The iPod cable did change for 2009 models apparently.

Are you sure you've got 3G MMI by the way???

Thanks for that guys, I am aware I could reject the vehicle, although to be honest I love it!!

I am not sure I want to wait another 3 months for the correct car, although I do of course want it put right.

I am not getting a great response from the leasing company (basically ignoring it).

I am not positive it is the 3G MMI, however it does have a few of the things I thought you only got with the 3G system, namely dual SD card slots, jukebox hard disk, 6 cd changer in glove box and the joystick on top of the dial by the gear stick. Does that sound like the 3G system?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts