Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is for the A5 1.8TFSI Sport............. members who have request some feedback on the car and some pictures.

My previous car was a 1.8T TT front wheel drive which was a great car but I just needed 4 seater. The A5 was the car for me when I saw the launch.

The colour is the Quartz Metallic Grey it really suits the car I only added brake hill assist, cruise control and the interior light kit to the options.

The car drives very smoothly and can pick its feet up when required, the steering is very light takes a little time to get use to.

The interior quality finish is to the usual Audi standard.

The music system is great it has the SD card input which I had prepared for by purchasing 3 x SD 2GB cards and have place around 60 albums on. You will see from one of the photo's that the screen shows the album name and track names, the Sd card is so easy it was the first thing I did when the salesman was showing me around the car he was so amazed at how quick the system read the car and played.

The twin exhaust (picture included) looks good.

I await your comments and questions. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks fabulous, complete with twin exhaust on one side - I do not know why people want the exhausts on either side.
Congratulations

·
Registered
714 Posts
Chaswick - really appreciate this post. Great pics - the car looks fantastic and I'm particularly pleased as it's very similar to what I've got on order.

How does the A5 compare against your TT? Are you finding the hill hold assist useful or is it a gimmick?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Chaswick, (and all other members !)

Great post !

Nice car, pretty much what I've ordered except for the colour. (mines bright Red)

Are those seats black or grey leather ?

Nice to see lights without LED's, unfortunately I couldn't add them to my spec because the car had already been ordered when I walked into the showroom. Couldn't wait 5 months :(

Took the dealers A5 for a spin this morning very smooth ride and seems to respond when required.

Roll on 16th March :D

Happy and safe motoring ;)

Hawkeye........

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chaswick - really appreciate this post. Great pics - the car looks fantastic and I'm particularly pleased as it's very similar to what I've got on order.

How does the A5 compare against your TT? Are you finding the hill hold assist useful or is it a gimmick?
The hill hold is great not a gimmick should be a standard fitting. It comes on as you stop with the foot brake not if your roll to a stand still. Hope you have ordered this, if you live and drive in hilly places!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chaswick, (and all other members !)

Great post !

Nice car, pretty much what I've ordered except for the colour. (mines bright Red)

Are those seats black or grey leather ?

Nice to see lights without LED's, unfortunately I couldn't add them to my spec because the car had already been ordered when I walked into the showroom. Couldn't wait 5 months :(

Took the dealers A5 for a spin this morning very smooth ride and seems to respond when required.

Roll on 16th March :D

Happy and safe motoring ;)

Hawkeye........
Hi,

The seat are black but they do look grey in the photos.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks fabulous, complete with twin exhaust on one side - I do not know why people want the exhausts on either side.
Congratulations
You cant choose to have the exhausts on either side. The reason for them being on both sides other than the 1.8 is the other models are all V6 or the S5 V8 where nearly all makers I know put them both sides

·
Registered
44 Posts
You cant choose to have the exhausts on either side. The reason for them being on both sides other than the 1.8 is the other models are all V6 or the S5 V8 where nearly all makers I know put them both sides
I think what was said is that people want the exhausts on both sides same as the prev A4 1.8T, as mentioned in other threads here, not that it is an option.
They do still look good on one side if u ask me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The car looks really goodlike the colour. Hope you are enjoying her!

I think exhuasts look good. Think very poor of Audi not to put Chrome surounds on them though. The price of 1.8T and all stuff they leave off must be making more margin because it's not really much less than other bigger engined A5's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car looks really goodlike the colour. Hope you are enjoying her!

I think exhuasts look good. Think very poor of Audi not to put Chrome surounds on them though. The price of 1.8T and all stuff they leave off must be making more margin because it's not really much less than other bigger engined A5's.
The car is great thanks.:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
can you give me the details of the SD card

tnks

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually using one out of my camera in advance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.