Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was at the dealer yesterday they mentioned to me that the A5 1.8 TFSI 170ps is now open for orders.

It going to cost £26,190.00 inc VAT on the road but Xenon headlights with daytime running LEDs will NOT be standard on this car and will be a cost option at £775.00 inc VAT. :(

A few tech specs:-

1.8 TFSI
Engine output: 170ps = approx 167 bhp
Max torque: 250nm = approx 185lb/ft @ 1500 - 4800 rpm
0-62mph: 8.4 secs
Max speed: 140 mph

Consumption: Urban (28.5 mpg) / Extra Urban (51.4 mpg) / Combined (39.8 mpg) - These are good improvments over the old non FSI 1.8T engine. :)

Standard Wheels: 7.5J x 17 with 225/50/17 tyres

·
Registered
66 Posts
slightly off topic but can i ask how unbelieveably rich r u? and how did you travel forward in time, i wanna see whats up in 2008 too!

""| 2008 Audi S5 | Ibis White | Magma Red | Sat Nav | B&O Sound | TV | Bluetooth | Cruise | Comfort |
| Heated Front & Outer Rear Seats | Audi Parking Plus | Auto Hill Hold | Audi Music Interface |
Due March 2008""

·
Registered
3 Posts
A5 1.8T FSI 6 Speed Manual

Hay, I am from Poland ( Warsaw ) I bought audi A5 1.8 TFSI black with S-line interior and exterior, Bang & Olufsen and more :D I will receive my audi a5 in February 2008. Haw I can tuning my engine and exhaust system? Witch company do tuning parts for Audi A5 1.8 TFSI?[/B][/B]

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 1.8TFSI engine is a fairly newish angine from Audi. I'm guessing it is the previous 1.8T with FSI technology added and probably a few other modifications.

My guess will be that when a re-map does become available, as I know of none yet available you will most likely get it to atleast 200bhp. Exhaust with a sports cat would probably add a further 15bhp in conjunction with the remap.

If you can't wait for a re-map you could always have a nitrous kit installed, but from what I know you wouldn't want it to add more than 25bhp to this engine with it only being a 4 cylinder - thats keeping it within a safe region where using nitrous wouldn't cause any damage to the engine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
200 HP doesn't sound too bad with little modification. I think I will get a remap of it. Probably add a open filter for a sound, or is the grudge sound there?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The 1.8TFSI engine is a fairly newish angine from Audi. I'm guessing it is the previous 1.8T with FSI technology added and probably a few other modifications.

My guess will be that when a re-map does become available, as I know of none yet available you will most likely get it to atleast 200bhp. Exhaust with a sports cat would probably add a further 15bhp in conjunction with the remap.

If you can't wait for a re-map you could always have a nitrous kit installed, but from what I know you wouldn't want it to add more than 25bhp to this engine with it only being a 4 cylinder - thats keeping it within a safe region where using nitrous wouldn't cause any damage to the engine.
I would think that 200bhp would be no problem at all - the old (non-FSI) 1.8T got to 225bhp as a factory output in the old S3 and TT. It did have different intake and exhaust system as well as a remap of the ECU, but I would think that with all this the FSI engine will easily go past 230bhp, and possibly even 250 without too much problem with regard to reliability. And that's without going silly and fitting a nitrous kit!

I would be surprised if there isn't an exhaust kit made by Milltek for the 1.8T A5 on the market by next summer (or possibly even earlier!)

·
Registered
183 Posts
thanks for the info. sounds promising

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Places like Jabbasport could get 250+ out of the old 1.8T with just remap, cats exhaust and intake. If you want to play with different turbos, they allegedly created a 400bhp 2.0T A3!!! So that should tell you what is possible!

·
Registered
183 Posts
....Interesting. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With it being front wheel drive I wouldn'tgo past the 250bhp mark with it anyway. The extra power gets lost in wheel spin. Only thing its good for though is straight line speed. So if thats the end result your looking for, have someone fit either a Garett or KKK turbo. That combined with sports cat, exhaust, air filter, slightly bigger injectors (you will need these otherwise its easy to starve the engine of fuel and not get the power you want as more power required = more fuel required) oh and a remap to take advantage of all the new kit.

I would say all that including labour would roughly cost between £3 - £4k.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Exactly my thought. But it was just a question of possiblity. so now I know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hmm... Interested, After reading this it have put me off abit to the 1.8 now

Cons:
Xenon/ Daylight - extra
Front wheel drive
The power
The exhaust

Very annoying, Might have to just invest into the 3.0tdi or 3.2 Petrol...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts