Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i finally ordered it!! with xenon plus, heated seats, interior light pack, electric folding mirrors and dimmer pack in phantom black with 19" Y alloys!!

Cant wait, has anyone else ordered this model yet? and if so does anyone have any delivery dates? My garage in newcastle suggested March/April bu couldnt say at this stage, apparenlty there are some production issues with the 1.8 at present.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,they suggested that audi have had production problems since november with the 1.8. Not sure if this is the most up to date information,does anyone know? Or where could i find out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 1.8 TFSI Sport about 3 weeks ago. I am being told delivery will be approx. 1st May. Does anyone know if this model will come out with Automatic tranmission at some time in the future?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I ordered a 1.8 TFSI Sport about 3 weeks ago. I am being told delivery will be approx. 1st May. Does anyone know if this model will come out with Automatic tranmission at some time in the future?
Hi Davmar,

Not sure where your from, could you update your locatio in your profile please. But if your from anywhere in Europe then check this thread out: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/audi-2008-europe-729/index.html according to the Audi 2008 Itinerary for Europe the 1.8TFSI Multitronic should be available to order sometime in the first quater of 2008.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered the 2.7 TDi as I wanted an auto (mainly to slow me down after running a 2007 Civic Type R on extended test-drive). I'd just test driven an A3 with the 2.0T FSI with "S tronic" (DSG) and wondered why this drivetrain wasn't offered on the A5. However if it's going to be the Multitronic (CVT) on the 1.8T then I'm still happy with my diesel! I ordered just before Christmas (21 Dec) so not expecting delivery anytime before end of May :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered the 2.7 TDi as I wanted an auto..
Good choice! That gearbox is a masterpiece, and makes the long distance stuff much more enjoyable!

·
Registered
183 Posts
smae here Aman1. no problem. planning is the best and saving money too ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ordered my 1.8 on Dec 3rd with a build date of week 3 delivery March 1st.
Have been informed will be one of the first to be deliveried in UK.
Can't wait haven't driven one yet and have a contact agreement that when it arrives if I don't like it I can cancel. How good is that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow that is pretty good. Let me know what its like, no return for me!!

I am worried that it may be underpowered, but i guess it will be a lot lighter than the TDI's or 3.2+FSI's whihc should help. Looking at the technical spec it is pretty fast for a 1.8 engine both 0-60 and top speed, so it shoudl be okay (fingers crossed!!!):confused:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Plenty of tuning opportunity and experience in getting over 400bhp (mad!) from that engine (or variants). I should think you could get 250bhp and still be driveable and reliable... go talk to Jabbasport.

Induction kit, sports cats, exhaust, and remap will get you into that ballpark and all for oly a few £k !!

PS. I had a 1.8T A6 a few years back, and that was remarkably un-slow so I doubt you will be dissapointed anyhow.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, i finally ordered it!! with xenon plus, heated seats, interior light pack, electric folding mirrors and dimmer pack in phantom black with 19" Y alloys!!

Cant wait, has anyone else ordered this model yet? and if so does anyone have any delivery dates? My garage in newcastle suggested March/April bu couldnt say at this stage, apparenlty there are some production issues with the 1.8 at present.
I ordered my 1.8 in the beginning of December. Yesterday I called Audi-salesman who told me, that I gonna get my beauty week 6-7. So, it takes only couple months to delivery. Quite amazing, because Finland is a small country, and even if we are rallydrivers, how come we get our Audis so quick. Lucky me. Anyway, salesman also told, that from now on it takes abt.5 months to get one.
I think it´s worth of waiting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think they gave some priority to the new engine model... They have launch dates to keep too and this may be a reason why, and also a reason why I am waiting 16 weeks for my 3.0tdi...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.