Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just ordered my A5 today!

Meteor Grey with B & O, Cruise Control and Xenons.

Just got to wait which is going to feel like for ever!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi, ordered mine on Monday. have you been given a delivery time yet. My dealership suggested early May, but have not yet confirmed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not yet the order form has a estimated delivery date of 01Jun2008. I'll keep you posted though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am wondering if you can order the Audi Drive select with the 1.8Tfsi engine? I read from the brochure that it is only available for enginer 140kW and above. Somehow the spec list from my audi order has them as standard on the 1.8T.

Anyone can confirm if this is available? And does the standard A5 comes with sports suspension?

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Audi 1.8T Sport - Build Week 12

Hi All,

I ordered mine in December and has to part with my much loved Range Rover Sport - as the price they gave for it was very good considering - however seems like ages - but luckliy been using my mums car.

It should be with me by the end of March/ begining of April.

As I bought blind one thing I am dissapointed in is the rear exhaust being a single (twin pipe)

Black, Sport, 19" Y Spokes, Cinamom Leather, Xenons, Pone Prep, Storage Pack, Auto lights, Folding Mirrors, S5 Mirrors, S5 side Skirts, Quattrro Black Gloss Grille, Sympony (Bose Sound).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ABZY,

Aye ordered my a5 1.8tfsi sport in November and I also thought it would have an exhaust on each side as it said in the brochure "All a5 models have a 3" rolled exhaust on each side" just stumbled across it one day last week when on the web that there was just the twin at one side, was soo dissapointed as no one at audi made us aware of this, we are scheduled to get it some time next week but if i aint happy with how it looks there wil be a bit of bargening done!!!

put 19" wheels, symphony radio, heated front and back seats,B&O sound system, xnenon, blue tooth etc etc but the s5 stuff you got sounds cool, didn't know you could get that stuff. good luck with it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi

Ordered 1.8tfsi sport last month just seen that also with the exhausts not as good looking as on both sides.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
seems as though the a5 1.8 is selling like hot cakes here in the UK :).
I presume those S5 mirrors/sline side skirts are just oem parts which your dealer is getting for you and fitting once built.?
Im going to be waiting a while for mine.

what options did you go for sj1?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Am I only only person who actually prefers the twin exhausts on one side? Must be an age thing.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Gotta say I've never been too fussed about what is effectively the "bum hole" of the car.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You will not believe it but I had bought some parts over from Germany - including the Gloss black grille off a 3.0 Quattro (£20), S5 Mirrors (£170) and side skirts I think were around £120 all in from UK.

I have more sets of the mirrors coming - and these are basically used but perfect in every way (less than 2 month use) - they are off cars that are tuned for racking and hence mirrors etc are stripped from the car.

I am originally from Yorkshire - hence always on the look out for a bargain....

·
Registered
220 Posts
By the way, if I new they were a tin pipe on one side I think I owuld not have minded - I am proud of having the 1.8T I am not badging mine to look like an S5 or anything just picking the bits I like and moding to my liking. But as said in this tread before I was expecting a pipe on all sides - J & E please let me know how you get on as I will take this up with them also - not sure where one would stand with this.

I had loads of problems to be honest not impressed with Audi, I ordered with Panaramic Roof (it got cancelled at a later date as not doing it now???), also wanted Cinamon leather ut was told can only have with standrad but not sport (see brochure) - then I saw one advertised on Ebay so i went back to dealer - they tried putting the code into the system and it accepted - so hence went for Black with Cinnamon leather in the Sport.

really wnated the B&O but not possible witht he bluetooth so had to go for symphony whihc you will all know is actuall a Bose system (although not visually made to say so on stero reading) - so still a top system.

SJ1 when for black with Cinammon leather, 19 Y spokes, Auto lights, Xenons, floding mirros, bluetooth, storage pack, interior light pack symphony (no sunroof :-(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats on the order. I just placed my order on 29 Feb. Mine is Ibis White, S-Line package with all options...expected delivery around 1 Jun. Like you, I find myself playing the waiting game, but what a reward at the end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
robb

options i went for

ice silver, folding mirrors, heated front seats , xenons , dimming rear view mirror, hill hold, parking plus, milano black, 19 ys, light package,

HOW DID YOU GET BLACK HEADLINING - have been told this cannot be ordered as an extra by the dealer ????

·
Registered
16 Posts
ABZY is the concert system a Bose system also?

Also what supplier are you using to get the parts

Thinking about changing the front bumper to an S5 one with black grill if possible- don't like the covers round the fogs on the A5 -

in the Uk brochure it shows a grill style round the front fog lamps but one again the dealer says sorry you can't have these -

the UK options list you cant get much - S-line package etc

·
Registered
714 Posts
The common understanding is that the base sound system in the A5 is a Bose but just not branded as such. The specs certainly seem to fit with the A3 and A4 Bose setups and I think it was jenbutmad who said she needed a speaker replacing and the dealership had said they were waiting for Bose to supply the part.

As I've posted elsewhere, I paid a premium for the Bose system as an option on my current A3 and I've been a little disappointed with it. However, this is because I paid several hundred pounds for it. If it was the standard system at no extra cost I would probably be very pleased indeed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ABZY
we were able to get the bluetooth its the GSM mobile phone prep handsfree which I think uses a bluetooth interface. we got this with the symphony radio pluse 6 disc cd changer and B & O.

Hope to get a phone call tomorrow with a pick up date for sometime this week , fingers crossed, we will let you know how we get on. :)

If I get a photo of our car we will upload it on the site so you can see the exhausts. you can tell us your view and anyone else who looks at the photo.

p.s if anyone has a photo or nos of a website which shows the back of the 1.8tfsi sport let us know, only saw this on the audi accessories page and you cant really get a good look at it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

I have gone for the Symphony which is 6CD but not sure how else it is different fromt he concert other than this

thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

J&E are you in the UK? The symphony is an upgrade form the standard concert (which includes 6CD) - separate to this is the B & O - as far as I understand the B & O does not have 6 CD - I am getting really hacked off with Audi due to the guys there not knowing their arse from their elbow.

I have gone for the standard Bluetooth phone prep in Armrest - but apparently not allowed to have with B & O according to delaer - also says as much in brochure - ut the brochure has been wrong on exhuast tips, cinamon leather etc etc - so would not surprise me - not sure if I can change now but could you just confirm exact spec for me and where you purchased from?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts