Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, apologies if this has been asked, I've searched the forum to no avail...

I have a UK 2013 A5 8T with the basic Concert system and AMI in glovebox (didn't realise how basic this was when I bought it in 2016!).

I'm desperate to play music from my phone via Bluetooth A2DP - I've used USB and SD up until now but now stream my music and so want to be able to stream to my Concert.

I've bought an AMI to micro USB and aux in cable and a Bluetooth transmitter but there doesn't appear to be any power going to the transmitter from the AMI box.

Is what I'm trying to do possible without having cables trailing from the cigarette lighter or hardwiring from the fuse box?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, apologies if this has been asked, I've searched the forum to no avail...

I have a UK 2013 A5 8T with the basic Concert system and AMI in glovebox (didn't realise how basic this was when I bought it in 2016!).

I'm desperate to play music from my phone via Bluetooth A2DP - I've used USB and SD up until now but now stream my music and so want to be able to stream to my Concert.

I've bought an AMI to micro USB and aux in cable and a Bluetooth transmitter but there doesn't appear to be any power going to the transmitter from the AMI box.

Is what I'm trying to do possible without having cables trailing from the cigarette lighter or hardwiring from the fuse box?

Thanks in advance...
I dont think you can do it this way, I remember I bought a AMI to iphone cable and tried but my MMI was only 2g so didnt recognise the iphone. Get yourself a Tune2Air - bluetooth streamer through AMI, has all your playlists,song titles on etc - also works with spotify.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I've looked into tune2air but wouldn't that need power from the cigarette lighter?

·
Registered
87 Posts
No, power runs from the AMI unit for the tune2air, so you just plug it in to your AMI, then connect your phone or whatever bluetooth device for 1 time and then thats it ready to use, you just press media and it shows up your playlist or what your currently playing. It auto connects every time you get in your car also so nice and easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I've looked into tune2air but wouldn't that need power from the cigarette lighter?
Hi, I had the exact same issue seemed like no power from the AMI with a dodgey lead. I recently got the Tune2Air and I can't recommend it enough (powered up straight away). It is a bit pricey and has the odd issue but nothing reconnecting doesn't solve! As Karl said all song info is displayed on screen just as if you where using an SD Card. Sound quality is great in comparison to a much cheaper FM Transmitter I was using previously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts