Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Very much new here but at the same time excited. :) Yep! I ordered my A5 and it's going to take about 3 months until I get mine. This, of course is an estimated date. I live in the middle of Sweden so a like this would definitely bring attention to itself ( I seem to have no problem with that :D )

I have been viewing other A5 models here and it seems everyone has go for the fast model. Unfortunately my pockets are not that deep enough as you guys. Judging by the many fancy cars I take it everyone here is loaded with cash. Well, I guess I'm the only poor guy here. :) I've ordered the 1.8T model but added the extra like sport chassis and other details. I think with a little trimming it would suffice for me.

anyway, I just like to welcome myself to this wonderful forum.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Now, now, the 1.8T has a lot of tuning potential already on the market. If speed is what you're worried about, all the parts you would like to upgrade are already available. Plus, the engine's been proven to be near bullet-proof.

Even then, the car is still beautiful, always an eye-catcher no matter what the engine. Welcome to the forum and remember that the wait is always worth it :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Crespo for the nice encouragement. May I ask in your professional opinion, when I do decide to tune this baby, what things should I do to tune it? Nothing drastic or outof this world expensive. I'd like to keep this baby for a while. This will be my third car I ever own, and I am 39 soon. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
While I don't have any personal experience with the 1.8T, there is a plethora of information available at various Audi sites. Here are a few to get you started:

Fourtitude 1.8T forum

Audiworld 1.8T forum

Audizine B5 A4 forum

There should be some people on this forum who could help you as well. Hopefully they chime in :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. I would assume the easiest and cheapest (not to be taken litterally) way to go would be these steps:

1. Chip
2. Open filter ( as I understand this gives about 5 extra HP )

am I missing anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.