Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I don't think anyone has brought this up on here before. I think it's time to rid my car of the dealer's advertising license plate holder in the back. All you Meteor Gray owners out there, What's a good holder to go along with the car? Chrome, matte, gloss, etc... Also good place to buy them? ebay holders are crap they always rust or crack..

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like the carbon fiber ones...you wont have rust issues there....
but if you get the CF ones make sure they are real CF and not vinyl

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Rear plate holder suggestion

Ok I don't think anyone has brought this up on here before. I think it's time to rid my car of the dealer's advertising license plate holder in the back. All you Meteor Gray owners out there, What's a good holder to go along with the car? Chrome, matte, gloss, etc... Also good place to buy them? ebay holders are crap they always rust or crack..

Thanks
Removing the dealers holder was the first thing I did:running:

The Audi sport brushed grey holder is nice. You can trim the black plastic plate mount and remove the labs on the frame holder so that the holder sits over the license plate and fits snugly against the trunk panel, making a very tidy look to it.

Have a look at my pic to see what I mean.

Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my bad TX, I shoulda done a search. :wall: Where did you buy your holder at? I'm looking for a reputable site to get those... the ones sold on ebay always rust...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
my bad TX, I shoulda done a search. :wall: Where did you buy your holder at? I'm looking for a reputable site to get those... the ones sold on ebay always rust...
Yes, you should have done a search. Shame on you... you know better! :no:

Don't laugh, but I bought mine at a Toyota dealership. :eek: I was stopped behind a Toyota Camry one day at a traffic light and noticed how clean and simple the license plate frame looked. So, I thought to myself, "Hmmm... I wonder if by chance that person got their frame at the Toyota dealership." The next day I went by a Toyota dealership and found the exact one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts