Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Because the people who know about the A5 already want the S5. The people who don't know about the car most likely don't care enough to research it and want the higher performance engine. Now I know a lot of people want the A5 for the 3.0 TDI but the V8 is what people really want, that awesome FSI engine :) The S5 gets noticed more easily than the A5 and will get the word out about the car even faster (especially helpful given the price tags).

·
Registered
99 Posts
So does that just refer to the A5 as its a brand new Model or will new variants of all models start getting the S versions out first too ?
I don't really understand what you're asking... I think in every county the S5 is being released first because the people who already know about it want that version most likely. So it's like advertising with your best looking model sort of thing. You wouldn't put a gorgeous looking model on the cover of a magazine when you have a drop-dead gorgeous looking model instead... ok that's a terrible analogy but you get what I mean. Put your strong foot first!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ya I understand what you mean, in the USA we want the V8 :p Although at the same time, there's a growing group of people who want the TDI despite it being prohibited to sell them in California (where I live). /sigh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts