Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do.

I have used the search function but have not found the answers so, indulge me if you will.

1) Can anyone recommend a decent UK insurance company? I have a new 3l TDI and on the free insurance. Audi Ins. quoted three cows and my first born son, and Swiftcover £400 for 10 yrs now claims, 6 points and business use in God's Own County.

2) Can I retro fit MMI? I bought stock so it is fully loaded, except the MMI which was a schoolboy error on my part

Thanks all.

p.s. Zappa on the B&O system sounds as good as my Linn. I think i will live in my car and get the post redirected to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify, I think i used the wrong terminology, by MMI I mean the Ipod interface wotnot thingy.

I already have the MMI Sat Nav dooberry.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Sainsburys, i have 10 points and 27 and it costs me 360 a year with 7 years no claims

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
try elephant insurance? most folk wanted me to put a tracker on it :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
How do.

I have used the search function but have not found the answers so, indulge me if you will.

1) Can anyone recommend a decent UK insurance company? I have a new 3l TDI and on the free insurance. Audi Ins. quoted three cows and my first born son, and Swiftcover £400 for 10 yrs now claims, 6 points and business use in God's Own County.

2) Can I retro fit MMI? I bought stock so it is fully loaded, except the MMI which was a schoolboy error on my part

Thanks all.

p.s. Zappa on the B&O system sounds as good as my Linn. I think i will live in my car and get the post redirected to it.
£400 seems good... I pay about the same.

I don't think MMI can be retro-fitted - that's a Q for the dealer... although you can get Denison system retrofitted which does the same... theres a few threads around here somewhere!

as for getting the post redirected, I just hope postie has a fast bike!

;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys - I got a poor quote from Elephant, but will give Sainsbury a try.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
moneysupermarket.com

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
1. Best bet is to go to MoneySavingExpert.com - Martin Lewis' site. It's got no adverts or sponsored links, just good advice on how to save money. They've got good advice on how to search for the cheapest insurance - in a nutshell you need to use Confused.com, Comparethemarket.com, Moneysupermarket.com and the Tesco-sponsored one as well as Direct Line's own site (as they're not included on any price comparison sites). Follow the advice and you'll end up with quotes from around 200 insurance companies and you can then pick the one that's best for you.

2. I presume you mean AMI rather than MMI as you're talking about using your iPod with Satnav+ already fitted. My understanding is that Audi don't at present offer this as a retro-fit, but if you don't ask, you don't get, so I would approach your dealer. Expect it to be considerably more expensive than the listed price as an option when ordering a new car... I would think the Dension Gateway 500 would be a better (and cheaper) option for you, although the last time I looked it's still not available for the A5/S5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.