Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the below issue cause the air con not to blow cold air or is this a red herring and there is a larger issue as to why the air con is not blowing cold air. From description this to me suggests that it would just affect the air flow to the "rear" of the car..???
VCDS scan:

08-Auto HVAC -- Status: Malfunction 0010

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255) Labels:. 8Tx-820-043-3Z.clb
Part No SW: 8T2 820 043 S HW: 8T2 820 043 S
Component: KLIMA 3 ZONEN H06 0150
Revision: D0000000 Serial number: 01311020080447
Coding: 36066000
Shop #: WSC 06325 000 00000
VCID: 428BFC09DD8FD65A83-8016

1 Fault Found:
01187 - Rear Temperature Flap Positioning Motor (V137)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100010
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 111
Mileage: 169284 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2019.03.08
Time: 17:28:08

Freeze Frame:
Voltage: 13.50 V
Temperature: 25.0°C
Temperature: 25.0°C
Count: 10000
Count: 9396
Bin. Bits: 01000000
Bin. Bits: 00000101
Time: 7.00 s

·
Registered
47 Posts
When my aircon stopped working i got an error 00206 refrigerant pressure/temperature (G395) which turned out to be a sensor and needing a regas. I'm no expert but cant see why that fault would stop the aircon. Have you tried getting it regassed and does the aircon button stay lit up red when pressed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried to get it re-gassed because I am not getting a low pressure error. The aircon button stays on and it green light not red if my memory serves me right. I will double check. Thank you for responding. Doesn't seem to be many A/C experts on the forum :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the description that you threw off, I think that you need to change the compressor. Since it does not work correctly, the airflow is directed to the wrong place. Also, after you change the compressor, contact the air conditioner cleaning service so that you do not have problems with the radiator later. Because recently had a stinky smell coming out of my air conditioner, and then I became seriously ill because of this. Since I rarely cleaned my air conditioner, mold appeared there, and I inhaled it. Good luck to you, friend. I hope you are going to resolve your problems!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same error but been having a leaking radiator all this while ive been topping it up everyday but it goes down pretty drastically after a days drive, my aircons been blowing some smell out and me and kids have been havin the flu lately quite often and today after driving like lewis hamilton back home the aircon started blowing room temperature air and that error came out. I just ordered a new radiator would fixing that sort the aircon or do u reckon the compressor is dead thanks to the radiator?

Mines a b8, 4.2 v8 engine year 2009.

·
Registered
A5 sportback 2016
9 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum, I've got an air issue, it started to blow warm air, went to have a regas and was told that there was no gas in the system. They told me it could cost anything between £700- £1200 quid. A friend did a diagnostic and fault code 00256 which is the pressure sensor + 00713 left air vent motor., But the garage said it might be the condenser or compressor? The pressure sensor is a common fault but how do you know the exact problem...I can't justify spending £700- £1200 on air con.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum, I've got an air issue, it started to blow warm air, went to have a regas and was told that there was no gas in the system. They told me it could cost anything between £700- £1200 quid. A friend did a diagnostic and fault code 00256 which is the pressure sensor + 00713 left air vent motor., But the garage said it might be the condenser or compressor? The pressure sensor is a common fault but how do you know the exact problem...I can't justify spending £700- £1200 on air con.

change the pressure sensor first, thats at the top right corner on the radiator, then delete the fault and see if it works, mine didn't, ended up it was the compressor that was dead big job.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Some general points about car aircon systems guys:
1. Experts agree that the best technique is to keep the aircon always switched on. That was the various tubes do not dry out.
2. The aircon system needs regular servicing. This costs in the region of 100 Pounds, takes an hour and means connecting to a machine which draws out the old gas, tests the vacuum and then loads the system with the correct weight of new gas. They also change the oil and the cabin filter too. This is required every 2 or 3 years.

Over to you, Simon

·
Registered
208 Posts
My aircon no working either. The red light on the AC button does not stay on. OBDeleven is reporting the code 00256. I have bought a genuine switch but the error code would come back after I clear it.
My next task is to get it degassed :(

·
Registered
A5 sportback 2016
9 Posts
That doesn't sound good but my a button stays on but after a while it won't come on. This is probably because there is insufficient pressure in the system for the AC to work. The gas can leak slowly from a faulty switch. Did you renew the '0' ring seal as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That doesn't sound good but my a button stays on but after a while it won't come on. This is probably because there is insufficient pressure in the system for the AC to work. The gas can leak slowly from a faulty switch. Did you renew the '0' ring seal as well.
I did replace the O ring..stil not refilled the gas yet though

·
Registered
A5 sportback 2016
9 Posts
Hi guys it's newcomer Paul again, I changed the pressure sensor and had it regassed today, now I have a working air con...genuine Audi sensor at extortionate price of £88.38 inc.vat. +£60 regas at local garage.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi guys it's newcomer Paul again, I changed the pressure sensor and had it regassed today, now I have a working air con...genuine Audi sensor at extortionate price of £88.38 inc.vat. +£60 regas at local garage.
I got the gas refilled today and cold air again :cool: I really suffered couple weeks ago with the UK heatwaves and more expected.

I got the switch on ebay £30(DIY fit) and gas refill at local garage for £50. The garage said there was only about 10% in system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts