Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been patiently waiting for my A5 to be built for 6 months now and it was due to be built next week (week 25). Got a call this afternoon and became worried they were going to say it's been delayed, but then said it's just arrived and I can have it delivered or collect next Friday!! Whey hey. Definately going to collect it though - can't beat that feeling of driving out of the garage in a new car for the first time! :D

On my way home from work, I couldn't resist but to pop over to the dealers. I spotted it straight away and it looks gorgeous, aaarrraggghhhh, really can't wait another week, wanted to drive it away there and then!

One thing puzzled me though... I've not gone for the Sat Nav option but did order the 6 disc multi-CD changer option (ordered before it was confirmed the stereo came with SD slot). However, the car only had the single CD changer installed - does anyone know if this 6 disc option is normally installed at the factory, or is it something the dealer would normally replace & install? I'm gonna speak to the dealer as soon as I can, but it's gonna bug me over the weekend since its confirmed on the order but it's not there....

Still, on the bright side, only 7 more sleeps now.... :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Tick tock, tick tock ... funny how the seconds go slower the closer delivery time gets :)

Not quite sure about what you mean with your CD changer question. I was pretty sure that the Symphony is integrated into the dash so you just feed all 6 CDs into the slot - there's no unit in the glove box/boot.

Are you saying they've only provided the Concert unit or is it possible that you've mistaken the Symphony for a Concert?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Your car will come standard with the Audi Concert radio, which is a 6.5" screen and SD card reader.

However, if you specified the Audi Symphony radio, then it'll come with the 6CD changer, which is a £265 option.

Easiest way to check these things is by either looking at the e-brochure on www.audi.co.uk or cofiguring an A5/S5 on www.audi.co.uk, that way you can see all the options.

Rab.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The non-navi CD changer looks *EXACTLY* like the single CD radio on the A5, only difference being the text "Concert" on the single CD radio (or Chorus for the lowest-end model in some markets, but that looks different with less buttons, no SD card, non-colour screen...) and "Symphony" for the CD changer version and there was probably a different text on one of the upper buttons.

So is it possible your car radio indeed in the CD changer version (Symphony), you just didn't notice it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, think this could well be my misunderstanding - I probably didn't spot the subtle difference between Concert and Symphony. The demo I took out had six seperate buttons in the dash for the 6D changer, so I'd just (wrongly) anticipated it would look like this. Now I think about it, it'll be 'cause it had the Sat Nav version.

I feel a little less anxious now & I'll (again) join to the growing list of people who's sanity has been saved by this forum.... thanks all... :)

...Now only six days to go... and you're right TLU, time is passing even more slowly already! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts