Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys hows it going, i've checking the S5 recently and it looks like a pretty amazing car. I currently drive a bmw 645ci, so i was wondering what you guys think would it be a good idea to trade that in when the S5 comes out? especially if it is priced close to the same as an S4 that way i could could get close to an even trade. Also does anyone know if the S5 is going to come with some type of sunroof or not, because i haven't seen one in any pictures or anything just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
hey guys hows it going, i've checking the S5 recently and it looks like a pretty amazing car. I currently drive a bmw 645ci, so i was wondering what you guys think would it be a good idea to trade that in when the S5 comes out? especially if it is priced close to the same as an S4 that way i could could get close to an even trade. Also does anyone know if the S5 is going to come with some type of sunroof or not, because i haven't seen one in any pictures or anything just curious. Thanks
The online images show a tilt only sunroof that covers mostly the front seats.

Powerwise will be a bit better in the S5. However the awd does rob a little more acceleration.

I look for it to be a fairly even car with the 645 but smaller overall. This car is going to between a bit bigger than a BMW 3 series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sunroof

Hi,

I've ordered an S5 in the UK and there is no sunroof option available. Interestingly though it is shown in one picture in the brochure. I asked the dealer who tells me it will be available in some markets, just not the UK.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi,

I've ordered an S5 in the UK and there is no sunroof option available. Interestingly though it is shown in one picture in the brochure. I asked the dealer who tells me it will be available in some markets, just not the UK.
clippy,

That is just odd, why would that NOT be an option for the UK car? Did he say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
He couldn't offer any real explanation other than the brochures are were created for the German market and then translated for the UK where buyers may not want a sunroof. I didn't pursue it as i wasn't too high up my list of options that i wanted.

·
Registered
695 Posts
In all the videos and images from the press release there were not any sunroofs. In the Regis and Kelly video there was one. Personally I would prefer it to not be there for lighter weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know (or really care ... not a sunroof kind of guy :) ) about the sunroof but I currently drive a 645ci and am switching it for the S5 ... just awaiting delivery. Will post my thoughts when it turns up.

Based my decision on the 3 series Beemer being of much lesser build quality than either the 6 series or any Audi ... and I wanted a coupe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
lol the BMW 6 and the A5 are in to completely different CLASS!! lol thats like comparing a VW polo VS a F50. you should be comparing an A5 to a BMW 3 coupe. the A5 wont get get panoramic roof, it'll get a standard sunroof and possibly a solar roof and 2008 a soft top, and no metal folding roof, dispite the extra care and attention soft tops if made and maintained properly are far superior to metal folding roofs. as for the build quality of the 3 series, have a check on where they are built nowadays and you'll soon realise why.
dont believe everything people tell you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts