Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered 1.8TFI Sport March 08 and was advised 6 months lead time. Got a phone call yesterday from Audi and told the car had gone into production and would be ready in 6 weeks so im looking at the end of May to collect.

What a result!! Although I'll miss my little beast of a hire car (1.2 corsa) Not!!

Brilliant Black, Xenons, Blutooth prep, Star silver leather, Autofold mirrors with auto rear view dimming mirrors, Interior light package, Hill assist

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good news. I ordered mine at the end of February and was given a May schedule for build but still have not had a build date confirmed:( . Your news gives me hope for on-time delivery:) . More sleepless nights coming up:eek:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ordered my 1.8T Sport at the end of Jan but still don't have it yet. My fleet management company tells me it's now with the dealer but as it's not outside parked on my drive that means nothing to me.

Assuming it is at the dealers that does indeed mean 9-10 weeks. Some time ago I posted a comparison against ordering furniture. Three weeks before I ordered the car I also ordered a leather sofa/chair and it's still not arrived. The same week I ordered the car I also ordered a carpet and that has only just arrived at the depot and still needs laying in my house.

Given that Audi built the car to my spec and both the sofa and carpet were run of the mill stuff that puts Audi in a pretty good light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts