Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be quite a few rumors of next years 5's being bumped up quite a bit;
1) they are going so quickly, I mean look at the want from everyone.

2) as said many times the exchange rate is killing imports.
Heck the exchange rates is why BMW just invested another $40plus Million on the SC plant, haha it only cost them the equivlant of round $25Million Euros or somewhere there abouts.

Do you really think Audi is in a true rush to bring over a new model that the will lose money on. It is sure convient the delay has taken so long. With the exchange rates it is possible for the dealer to still make its profit and Audi to lose it. A $4k raise would make sense business wise.

Who knows what it would do in the long term to deter customers from coming back, prob not much when you have something someone wants for right price down the road people tend to forget.

If this does turn out ot be an increase I will feel much better about paying MSRP it will also keep all current owners values up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have not heard any new rumours, but Audi AG have said in a press release a while back that Euro vs. $ exchange rates are affecting the priority in which markets cars are will be shipped.

When I picked up my S5 a couple of months back the dealer confirmed that the exchange rate is affecting the number of cars on allocation and the delivery times.

In the UK, I saw the same car as mine - 45GBP - $90k. I paid $63k with options and all taxes.

If you were Audi AG where would you sell?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have not heard any new rumours, but Audi AG have said in a press release a while back that Euro vs. $ exchange rates are affecting the priority in which markets cars are will be shipped.

When I picked up my S5 a couple of months back the dealer confirmed that the exchange rate is affecting the number of cars on allocation and the delivery times.

In the UK, I saw the same car as mine - 45GBP - $90k. I paid $63k with options and all taxes.

If you were Audi AG where would you sell?
I'm pretty sure that its been stated many time over already, but the higher prices in the UK and other Euro countries is mostly attributed to taxes. That being the case, Audi doesn't see a dime of it and don't care where the car is being sold. Besides, the US represents a much bigger market and opportunity to sell more of these cars than any one country in Euroland. Finally, Audi, like any respectable global business, uses hedges to protect against currency fluctuations and probably stand to be rather profitable even when the exchange rate is favoring euro's to dollars; however, these hedges only work if they fulfill their commitments to deliver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts