Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give an update on the 535xi that I was forced to get because of what I had gone through with my Audi Dealer.

Pro's- very quick with min turbo lag. Handles very well and since I got the sport package and wheels its handling is very secure and sure footed. The All wheel drive does not cut in too early and will let the car slide a little before it cuts off the fun. In the rain and snow we had it was just fine. The sound sysem is very good. The seats are very confortable on long rides and the back seat is ample for my kids or any adults that have been back there. The trunk is very good too.

Cons- the Idrive. Its better than people write about but it is not as intuitive as the Audi. My wife has a Q7 and it is easier to navigate than the Idrive. I still spin when I should be pulling down on the wheel. But it is not as frustrating as some do say. My gas miliage is no where near what BMW claims. 17 city and 26 highway. My highway is better than 26 but around town, its terrible. About 13-15 MPG. And that is not with a heavy foot. I expected that from the V8 Audi but not the inline 6 even though its bi-turbo.

Am I disappointed about not getting the S5, yes and no. I do miss having a coupe and the Audi seemed to handle a little tighter and a tad quicker. The B&O seems a little crisper. I have seen a few on the road already so the exclusivity factor isn't as much I would have thought.But I guess its because the BMW is much better than I expected it to be. I have been pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the BMW. And its cheaper a month and a more expensive car.

This boggled me the most. the Audi was 58k and the BMW was 62K and the BMW was a less expensive than the S5. Not by a few bucks but about hundred. zero down on the BMW was 850, the Audi was 950-975 from Audi Financial.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just wanted to give an update on the 535xi that I was forced to get because of what I had gone through with my Audi Dealer.

Pro's- very quick with min turbo lag. Handles very well and since I got the sport package and wheels its handling is very secure and sure footed. The All wheel drive does not cut in too early and will let the car slide a little before it cuts off the fun. In the rain and snow we had it was just fine. The sound sysem is very good. The seats are very confortable on long rides and the back seat is ample for my kids or any adults that have been back there. The trunk is very good too.

Cons- the Idrive. Its better than people write about but it is not as intuitive as the Audi. My wife has a Q7 and it is easier to navigate than the Idrive. I still spin when I should be pulling down on the wheel. But it is not as frustrating as some do say. My gas miliage is no where near what BMW claims. 17 city and 26 highway. My highway is better than 26 but around town, its terrible. About 13-15 MPG. And that is not with a heavy foot. I expected that from the V8 Audi but not the inline 6 even though its bi-turbo.

Am I disappointed about not getting the S5, yes and no. I do miss having a coupe and the Audi seemed to handle a little tighter and a tad quicker. The B&O seems a little crisper. I have seen a few on the road already so the exclusivity factor isn't as much I would have thought.But I guess its because the BMW is much better than I expected it to be. I have been pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the BMW. And its cheaper a month and a more expensive car.

This boggled me the most. the Audi was 58k and the BMW was 62K and the BMW was a less expensive than the S5. Not by a few bucks but about hundred. zero down on the BMW was 850, the Audi was 950-975 from Audi Financial.

Unfortunately Audi is giving no breaks on the S5, I think I can get a BMW 7 series for the same lease price as the S5.
BMW's have always been agile cars that feel much lighter than they are. I have a 5000lb. X5 that drives like a car that weighs much less.
All that being said Audi's Quattro system is the worlds best and I want 4 wheel drive. I think Audi's styling is better too. I wish the Audi felt as nimble as BMW's do but you can't have everything.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a client who just told me he is leasing a 6 series convertible for $1,100/month. Not far off from the S5, and on a car costing almost 50% more. I agree, the lease deals on the S5 just plain suck.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Leases take into effect that you will beat the crap out of an s5 or a 650 but a 4 door sedan is less likely to get beat up, therefore a lower amount.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a client who just told me he is leasing a 6 series convertible for $1,100/month. Not far off from the S5, and on a car costing almost 50% more. I agree, the lease deals on the S5 just plain suck.
If I could get a 650i coupe for just under that price I would take it in a second... can you ask him what dealer he got it from please?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Your getting good deals on BMW cause the far too many of them around its like burberry, class make but now just has the wrong impression....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts