Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the quattro system is suppose to worlds apart from anything else but I'm just wondering how Mercedes compares to Audi quattro and what makes quattro so much better..........Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
How do you answer your own question and then make it a question?

·
Registered
371 Posts
How do you answer your own question and then make it a question?
awesome! I have been driving audis for a few years. I like to see what others are offering. I went and test drove a 335xi bmw and then right after went and drove an s4. To me there was no comparison, the audi was a better car.

Mercs on the other had haven't offered a car with 4 motion that has interested me enough to go down there and drive one. They are owned by chrystler so that can be no good though.

I have always loved audi for the one fact that they think all cars should really have quattro. Even their high end S, RS, exc.

BMW, Merc, and Lexus all think that if you are looking for a sport car, rear wheel is the only option. BMW m3, m5, m6, Lexus is-f, merc c63, have no option to get them with all wheel drive.

·
Registered
491 Posts
awesome! I have been driving audis for a few years. I like to see what others are offering. I went and test drove a 335xi bmw and then right after went and drove an s4. To me there was no comparison, the audi was a better car.

Mercs on the other had haven't offered a car with 4 motion that has interested me enough to go down there and drive one. They are owned by chrystler so that can be no good though.

I have always loved audi for the one fact that they think all cars should really have quattro. Even their high end S, RS, exc.

BMW, Merc, and Lexus all think that if you are looking for a sport car, rear wheel is the only option. BMW m3, m5, m6, Lexus is-f, merc c63, have no option to get them with all wheel drive.

actually, mercedes used to own chrysler but they sold them to a private equity group called cerberus last year. To the op, form what i have been hearing and from experience with 4matic cars, audi is more focused on performance and mercedes is more focused on traction in bad weather.

·
Registered
371 Posts
actually, mercedes used to own chrysler but they sold them to a private equity group called cerberus last year. To the op, form what i have been hearing and from experience with 4matic cars, audi is more focused on performance and mercedes is more focused on traction in bad weather.
I swear it was diamler chrysler that bought merc a few years ago. I found this link that shows what i thought to be correct. http://carscarscars.blogs.com/index/2004/03/who_owns_who.html

Any how, I remember seeing top gear and jeremy clarkson was talking about the new mercs, he said that while their quality has been getting better (prior years were bad quality it seems) he wasn't buying one anytime soon.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I swear it was diamler chrysler that bought merc a few years ago. I found this link that shows what i thought to be correct. http://carscarscars.blogs.com/index/2004/03/who_owns_who.html

Any how, I remember seeing top gear and jeremy clarkson was talking about the new mercs, he said that while their quality has been getting better (prior years were bad quality it seems) he wasn't buying one anytime soon.
ah i see where you got confused. daimler/chrsysler and chrysler are not the same company. daimler was actually one of the guys who founded mercedes (daimler-benz). it says in that article that daimler owns a piece of chrysler. its a little bit more complicated than that but im tired and not in the mood to type lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.