Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is it possible to crank out 400+ hp out of the A5 3.0TDI?

What would have to be done in order to accomplish such a power output?

The car is great in every way. But I am sort of a power freak and wouldn't mind another 100 or so hp. :)

Currently have a tuning chip, that I am not sure does anything at all to the car. (If someone here in Sweden have an A5 with the MTM kit, let me know! I wanna meet up and compare!).

I wonder why diesels aren't made with 400-500hp. Is it due to the problem handling the torque?

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the detailed explaination SupraBlur! Much appreciated.

I understand heat would be the main issue slapping on a bigger turbo and letting it spool up more / "harder".

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alejandro, are ju coming to Sweden any day soon with your car :D

Man I really want to try out MTMs kit... to see if it's a big difference to my "tuning box".

I'm not very good at keeping cars for a long time, i want to change already but the fuel economy of this car is GREAT and the car is pretty fast as it is. But I want faster. Been looking at the new Cadillac CTS-V ... it's a petrol engine supercharged V8 with 564 hp.

The fuel economy sucks though. I'll probably not even get half as good milage as the A5. Although the yearly tax on using diesel is double that of the petrol, so it takes 6-7 filups and roughly 300 km before I "break even" in costs. I'd have a lot more fun during the first 6-7 filips though (2-3 months of drivning).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.